LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

anyone using these ebay headers and y pipe???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone using these ebay headers and y pipe???

i found these for $310 free shipping. pretty much look the same as all the others ive seen.are these long tube or mid?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-94...ht_5445wt_1032

Last edited by hoursetraitor; 06-29-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes... i am. use search button....
Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HERE you go...
Old 06-30-2010, 03:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by defaultexistence
Yes... i am. use search button....
youre kidding right?! im asking if anyones using them and if they are long tubes, even if i searched there might be tons of people using them that never posted anything about them, and those might not be the same ones just because they are from the same ebay seller.
honestly why waste your time responding to say search??!just dont respond.
if you notice SoxXpupPeT just gave me the link to his thread. jeez.
and thanks SoxXpupPeT for not being rude to me and giving me the link. looks like these are nice but a real tight fit for sure. and these are infact long tubes huh? i wondering if there something in this price range with a better fit. im used to banging in the steering side on mustang headers but not both,lol.this is why i like to buy used...someone has already fit them for you but i havent seen anything on ebay except some rusty macs mids i think with no y pipe
Old 06-30-2010, 08:17 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure how suggesting a search is being rude. Actually, it may have been a very helpful suggestion if you had not chosen to let your panties get all bunched up instead. Tons of information accumulates in these forums over the years, very recently with regards to EBay headers, and searching is usually the best way to find it.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BTC
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure how suggesting a search is being rude. Actually, it may have been a very helpful suggestion if you had not chosen to let your panties get all bunched up instead. Tons of information accumulates in these forums over the years, very recently with regards to EBay headers, and searching is usually the best way to find it.
exactly what i was getting at.... there's only been like 20 freaking threads about this set up "LLP" or clones....search option is at top right corner directly across from the post new thread button. type " LLP " or " Headers " and not only will you find people talking about them but actually find info on installation.................hell you can even have typed "eBay" and found anything about em' ,further more what about the pictures lead you to believe they are anything less than long tubes?

Last edited by defaultexistence; 06-30-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Rockstar

I have them, the fitment issues are the same as all other headers, but the Y pipe fits like **** unless you do some cutting.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
I have them, the fitment issues are the same as all other headers, but the Y pipe fits like **** unless you do some cutting.
I really didn't think it was bad after we cut it. I dunno where they got the pattern from though. It was off a pretty good bit. But we only had to cut one joint.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

well there isn't exactly a name for these headers to search for, and they aren't the only ones no name on ebay. others quote different tube sizes. theres like 5 different ebay headers that aren't all the same.

im going to be nice and remove what i just wrote... it was pretty bad, but funny, either way i dont have time for this banter
Old 06-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Rockstar

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I really didn't think it was bad after we cut it. I dunno where they got the pattern from though. It was off a pretty good bit. But we only had to cut one joint.
Yeah, after it was cut. Whatever the pattern is from, its geometry is not a good match at all for the header angles. I noticed when I took it off the other week that there was a lot of carbon buildup around the joints from a leak, probably should have rtv'd it.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hoursetraitor
thanks SoxXpupPeT for not being rude to me and giving me the link. looks like these are nice but a real tight fit for sure. and these are infact long tubes huh? i wondering if there something in this price range with a better fit. im used to banging in the steering side on mustang headers but not both,lol.this is why i like to buy used...someone has already fit them for you but i havent seen anything on ebay except some rusty macs mids i think with no y pipe
NP. yeah those headers definitely require some finesse with a hammer hahaha but there great for the price IMO... I also have my old set of mac mids. there a very good header aswell... fitment on them is phenomenal.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
NP. yeah those headers definitely require some finesse with a hammer hahaha but there great for the price IMO... I also have my old set of mac mids. there a very good header aswell... fitment on them is phenomenal.
hey soxXpupPeT, i found some macs but no y pipe used ones would you think all the mac mids use the same y pipe? can i use other types? the mac goes to a ball and socket and the y pipe en is what? slip to fit where you cut of the old y pipe? i geuss i need to crawl under the car and get a better look. this might have to go on the back burner till i sell my porsche. hard sayn. my friend offered to take my car into his work on his day off and hook it up for me if i get the ebays but if im serious about this car maybe i should get headers with better fit, like pacesetters, arent they a lil better for fit?

Quick Reply: anyone using these ebay headers and y pipe???