General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Werid Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Werid Problem

From a cold start it starts up fine and runs fine. But the other day a filled up my tank. It was off for about 5 minutes. Started up fine but when I put it in drive and started to leave the pedal feels really werid its like something is not catching or something and if I keep on the throttle theres a jolt or jerk what ever you want to call it and then it runs absolutey normal. And the exhaust tone sounds like its boggin down.

I know my describtion is pretty terrible but if anyone can help that would be great. At first I thought maybe the transmission but then I was like if it was the trans then wouldnt it happen every time I get goin off of a stop.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:52 PM
9 Second Club

Is your tb cable alright?

when i had that problem, it was either the tb cable, something to do with the fuel system, or the hose going into my catch can was pinched.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

possable TPS.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Teching In

If it was a bad TPS wouldnt the problem happen all the time. Not just after its been running then turned off for a few minutes?

But I was just reading the symptoms of a bad TPS and that does sound like it could be it.