Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Camaro Engine Cover.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 06:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2010 Camaro Engine Cover.

I was wondering if anyone has used a 2010 camaro engine cover on an ls1? I was thinking about using one on my 5.3 that I swapped into my Trans Am just to cover up all the ugly wires from the truck harness that I am using. If it is possible what mods do I have to do to make it fit?
Old 07-11-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just put one on my 6.0l. All I had to do is reroute the brake booster vacuum line and build two brackets. I trimmed a .25inch right above the alternator pulley but thats with my truck accessory setup. I built a small bracket from the passenger side front coil bracket bolt and up to the unused oil fill hole and used some large washers to fit it all together. The drivers side I took a piece of metal strap and bent it to go from the drivers side harness bracket up to the engine cover's little plastic bracket hole thingy. None of this will help you much without pics except that it can be done in about two hours or so.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:57 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

The stock rear bracket bolts to an LS2 intake manifold since LS2/LS3/L99's use the same fuel rail and mounting. Not sure how well it fits on the LS1/LS6 intakes though.

There is a pretty large uncovered area behind the engine cover also, in the 2010 Camaro's that area must be covered by something else or meets the wiper cowl or something, as I didn't notice the gap until I used the 2010 engine cover on my 67 Camaro.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I put a cover on my rx7 project and didn't like the way it looked in the end. Wasnt what I wanted and decided to go topless with shiny fuel rails.
If you go this route, let me know! I may let it go cheap!

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro Engine Cover.