Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

race bullet after the Y-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default race bullet after the Y-pipe?

I currently have SLP long tubes into a 3" ORY.....I thinking about bumping it up to a 3.5" pipe off the Y into a 3.5" race bullets with a turn down......has anyone ever done this? or know what it would sound like?
Old 07-29-2010, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

4" with a flowmaster merge into a bullet. its kinda loud, but sounds racey.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:06 PM
10 Second Club

I have QTPs with their off road y-pipe and a 3" bullet. It's loud, especially at wide open throttle. Idle and part throttle it sounds kinda raw, but the scream from 4000rpm up is addicting, I absolutely love it.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

The sound depends on the muffler you use. I had my e-cutout right after the Y and it was crazy loud. Would have been annoying to me if it was always like that.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen similar set-ups pipe wise but not dumped at the axle. All you are really doing though is removing a few bends and pipe lengths which will allow a better flow.

It wouldn't be much different than a true dual system to be honest except merging into a single instead of an x-pipe and it'd probably tuck better if you follow the tunnel.

Expect it to be loud since the sound will be exiting under the cab.

Snap some pictures when it is done.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mylittlez06
I currently have SLP long tubes into a 3" ORY.....I thinking about bumping it up to a 3.5" pipe off the Y into a 3.5" race bullets with a turn down......has anyone ever done this? or know what it would sound like?

Is this what you are talking about? Its pretty loud, but sounds mean as a ****. I built this setup and I have also built true dual setups like the TSP system. I could blindfold you and you would not be able to tell which car had the duals and which had this setup.

I actually think this setup makes more power. Im sure there will be doubters, but I have tried every exhaust system you can think of and I think this setup makes more power.