Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need alignment help

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 11:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need alignment help

i have lowered my 2000 trans am with goldline springs and i nee dto know who sells an after makret alignment kit for my car to get everything squared away also how important ar erelocation bractes im lowered and usint adj. sphon lca's thnaks
Old 01-23-2004, 01:04 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ta_silver_bullet
i have lowered my 2000 trans am with goldline springs and i nee dto know who sells an after makret alignment kit for my car to get everything squared away also how important ar erelocation bractes im lowered and usint adj. sphon lca's thnaks
Yeah, i need to know what to get my car aligned to because the stock specs aren't going to work. Anyone know what degrees?
Old 01-23-2004, 02:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

-.7 camber
+4.5 castor
0 toe (unless you are feeling unsafe with your turning capabilites with stock alignment - then do something like 1/32 toe IN)

i wouldn't suggest toe out for a day-to-day average-joe driver (which excludes few people) - you have to be a pretty good and alert driver, not to mention that you have to be completely understanding of what your car is going to do when you touch the wheel. if you are even less of an average-joe driver (which i hope you aren't, or else you shouldn't be owning a 350 horsepower monster ) you should do 1/32, or maybe even 1/16 toe IN.

as far as the camber and castor settings go, those should feel significantly better for you than stock alignment settings, and those settings should not make your tires wear quickly.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:22 AM
11 Second Club

i was told theer is no lace on the 98-02 ta's/camros to do a caster or camber adjustment
Old 01-23-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

i was told theer is no lace on the 98-02 ta's/camros to do a caster or camber adjustment
i'm pretty sure that's WRONG. my alignment sucks, and i'm pretty sure it's not because of the toe...
Old 01-23-2004, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

thats what i was thinking to buty they said thos ecars are not mnet to be lowered thats what i got 3 diffrent times so i dunno
Old 01-24-2004, 07:39 PM
Teching In

thats what i was thinking to buty they said thos ecars are not mnet to be lowered thats what i got 3 diffrent times so i dunno
Fourth generation F-bodies are fully adjutable in the front for camber, caster, and toe. Toe is adjusted at the outer tie rods, camber is adjusted by loosening
the front mount bolt for the lower a-arm and sliding the arm in and out, and caster is adjusted by loosening the rear a-arm mount bolt and sliding the arm forwards and backwards. The best street alignment specs are -0.75 to -1.00 degrees camber, +4.50 to +4.75 degrees caster, and 0.00 toe. Factory alignment specs cause rapid wear on the outer shoulder of the front tires, but you probably already found that out. These specs will allow much more even wear, and better roadholding to boot. Just keep your tire pressures around 32-35 psi. Happy driving.