Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam specs

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam specs

I'm tossing around the idea of a cam swap for my '02. I currently have a Futral F13 with supporting valvetrain. I like the cam and it makes good power but I'm bitten with the bug and want to break 400 NA. Local guy is considering swapping out his cam, he has a custom grind 236/240 .601/.608 112LSA that made 427 on stock 243's. Looking at the numbers this looks like a healthy cam, but I'm wondering how it will perform with my 241's in a heavier cam. I'm curious as to how/where this will improve my powerband over my current cam? I assume is should push it up, is that because of the duration or lift? Just trying to get a better understanding of how changes in lift/duration effect the power range of the motor, I don't want a peak performer but a turd in the rest of the rpm range. I also know that the 243's are giving a pretty generous increase in power on their own over my 241's, so with that said I'm not really sure this cam would provide enough increase to be worth the hassle of removing my current cam.

Also, coming from Mustangs and modular engines, .600+ lift is pretty serious to me and looking through some other cams the duration looks pretty big as well. Is that getting towards the limits of cam lift without needing to flycut? This is my DD so I don't want to be concerned with PTV issues.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Bump, no advice?
Old 08-26-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

search for PAT-G and have him spec a cam that will fit and make great power using less duration.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

If your looking for a big cam, our Stage-3 cam routinely makes over 420rwhp on stock 241 heads with supporting bolt-ons (headers, lid, etc)

We are even so confident in our Stage3 grind that we are offering a money back guarantee for LS1tech members. These cams are great for power all over, with an excellent top end pull. My personal car (2001 SS, M6) has this cam with 241 heads, long tube headers, custom exhaust, lid and supporting valve train upgrades and routinely sees 25mpg on the highway, and is extremely livable around town for such a large cam.

http://www.zenithmotorsports.com/zmsstage3camshaft.aspx