Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who knows there DIPSTICKs

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy who knows there DIPSTICKs

OK I have have a 98TA and 6LE busted his **** to get me the first and possably the only run of 6LE shacker setups and now I cant put it on. He molded the set on his car and from what i know its a stock LS motor for a 2000 SS. the problem.....

His tranny dipstick......or actually mine. you see his is on the pass side just behind the oil DS mine rides on top of the intake.

SO.

is there a year of A4's that moved the DS to his position? If so then I can jjst buy a stocker if not is Lokar my only aftermarket option?

PLEASE chime in with any thoughts I want to honor his hard work and customer devotion, he busted his **** to get me all the stuff I needed and now i cant use it (at least not as soon as I would like too)

98blbkrd
Old 08-31-2010, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

mine is a 98 and mine is behind the oil stick on the passanger side. same with my buddys 98 z28
Old 08-31-2010, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like your dipstick interferes with something on your engine, right? I was able to modify a 4L80E/LS1 dipstick from TCI to sit below the top of my heads.

1) Dipstick tube: I used a grinder to cut it off the top where I wanted it, which was below the top of the heads.

2) Dipstick tube: I measured the length the dipstick stuck out the bottom of the tube BEFORE I cut the tube. Then, I took out the rivet on the TCI dipstick handle and took the dipstick apart. I cut the dipstick by the handle to the correct length, drilled new holes at the top of the dipstick, and reassembled the handle.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

Nice thinkin with the dipstick mod