Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need clutch advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need clutch advice

I need some advice on what a good clutch would be for my car. im not sure what clutch is in it now but it isnt holding the power anymore, it slips when i get on it especially on the top end thats when its really apparent. The car is putting down just under 400rwhp so i need something that can hold that with no problem. I am starting to look into the spec 3 and the monster 2 or 3. If you guys have any advice that would be very helpful. also not looking to spend more than 600 or so.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

From personal experience here... My spec 3 held quite well and never slipped. However, with that said, it lasted 20k miles. NOT a longevity clutch IMO and I was only making stock 315rwhp at the time. The guy Ive had do work on mine is recommending me a Monster 3 when I do go heads/cam.

Currently running a ZO6, has held up for 60k so far, but Im not making the same kind of power as you are.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Shamson5.7
From personal experience here... My spec 3 held quite well and never slipped. However, with that said, it lasted 20k miles. NOT a longevity clutch IMO and I was only making stock 315rwhp at the time. The guy Ive had do work on mine is recommending me a Monster 3 when I do go heads/cam.

Currently running a ZO6, has held up for 60k so far, but Im not making the same kind of power as you are.
ya i definitely want a clutch that will last longer than 20k and will hold good at my power level