LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Need ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need ideas...

I know its not a GXP its just a SE, but its a nice car, just needs alittle more style and giddy up. I feel kind of like a grandma driving it, the wheels and tinted tail lights helped but I really think it needs more go, but the catch is it only has 54k and is 2008 so still under warranty. Shot me your ideas for looks and HPs, thanks.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Banned

Looks - pfyc.com Inferno Kit and SE rear valance. Also removed GM squares.

Power - Turbo or top swap, for substantial gains, for much less, CAI and exhaust, preferable Borla, GM V6s aren't the best sounding, the Borlas help.

EDIT: http://www.pfyc.com/c/04EXT/Exterior+Accessories.html
Old 09-29-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JP_GXP
Looks - pfyc.com Inferno Kit and SE rear valance. Also removed GM squares.

Power - Turbo or top swap, for substantial gains, for much less, CAI and exhaust, preferable Borla, GM V6s aren't the best sounding, the Borlas help.

EDIT: http://www.pfyc.com/c/04EXT/Exterior+Accessories.html

i concur, lol inferno kit...... but yeah get rid of gm squares. soo much nicer with out em. if its hot out just get some floss and rub it behind badge and itll come off, then use windex or something to get remaining glue or w.e off car. it will come out really good. u may need to use a hair dryer for a small bit.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Banned

Oh yeah, skip the Inferno spoiler, get the SP spoiler or whatever they call the GXP spoiler when it's not on a GXP, lol.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yo mayne put sum of dem 24's up on there. dat look real fly. ... seriously please take gm squares off.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

your best bet is to either top swap it or get a turbo
Old 09-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Teching In

thanks so far guys. Just alittle more info about it.....Its my girlfriends car and it is still under warranty so I dont think she will let me do a top swap or turbo.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PontiacMC
thanks so far guys. Just alittle more info about it.....Its my girlfriends car and it is still under warranty so I dont think she will let me do a top swap or turbo.
haha good call
Old 09-29-2010, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

tint your back up lights and third brake light, window tint, inferno hood is a must. KnN filter kit, buy a tuned computer so if you have to take your car in for warranty work just switch them, Don Rome strut braces,
Old 09-30-2010, 06:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

lower it too
Old 09-30-2010, 08:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PontiacMC
I know its not a GXP its just a SE, but its a nice car, just needs alittle more style and giddy up. I feel kind of like a grandma driving it, the wheels and tinted tail lights helped but I really think it needs more go, but the catch is it only has 54k and is 2008 so still under warranty. Shot me your ideas for looks and HPs, thanks.
honestly man go to zzperformace.com enter the grand prix section and have fun... there is probley not a better 3800 specific shop in the country I.M.H.O. If have specific questions about tech. related stuff go to glub gp.com. The guys there are mostly dumb *** kids, but there is also alot of good tech/ products reviews for just about every after market part for your engine on there left by more experienced gp owners who have long left the gp world. Just search the clubgp site and I'm sure you'll find the answers your looking for.

As for my personal opinion I understand your concerns about voiding your current warrenty however I think this link: http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1 will give you some insight. I understand you would have to add a supercharger to make this work, but I think it will give you the results your looking for.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Also go to Intense they have put GP 3.8 in the 8th
http://www.intense-racing.com/Mercha...y_Code=3800_PP

Also there is a section for us too