LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

updated Lewtune

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default updated Lewtune

Just got back from a cruise Lew updated the tune today only one thing to say WOW!!! Thank you Lew!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

X2 on that. car does feel better and was a nice surprise to see an update like that. Hats off to Lew for providing an update and asking nothing for it. Another reason why Lew is the man.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thx guys!! glad ya like it!! ran it on my car the other day, and she ran like a freight train!! so, I figured I'd pass it on to ALL the LS4 guys I've done tunes for before...

24 people got the update I sent out the other night... and there are some that did not...

I went through ALL the monte/impala/gxp tunes I have for everyone I've done 'em for, one by one, to see who had the DOD enabled and surge fix, and who didn't...

if you are one that did NOT receive an updated tune from me for your impala ss/monte ss/gxp, then that is because you are one of the ones that still has the DOD enabled and have the "surge-fix" applied to your tune... which means, all of the torque management is left at default stock values to eliminate that surge between the 4/8 cyl mode switch...

and, since you have DOD enabled and all of the stock torque/torque management settings, then the new tune wouldn't benefit your particular tune setup at all... so, that's the reason why you would have not received an updated tune from me... it's not that I forgot'cha...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 10-10-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

diablew tune is my best mod yet
Old 10-11-2010, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Got the tune in the other night.

WOW
WOW
WOW

Maybe because I didn't ever finish the full process (WOT log/tune) but when I put this tune in, and took the car out for a drive...I immediately felt a difference.

When I floor it the damn car is just WICKED. It used to almost feel slower at WOT than %75 (probably in my head) but now the car just liquifies the tires and puts me back in the seat from 60 and just wants to yank up to 100+.

THANK YOU LEW!!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Junkie

It just pulls hard threw all the gears and keeps right on pulling!!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yep, exactly!!

NOICE!!!!!

glad y'all are likin' it!!!

Hurley and Mel - added your statements to my "Testimonials" page... thanks!!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 10-12-2010 at 01:35 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Launching!

WOW is right! I didn't think the tune could get any better without adding any mods, but this new tune is FEROCIOUS . It was a nice little present after a terrible week/weekend for me.

Lew, you go further and beyond what your cost of tuning is. I tip my hat to you, good sir!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Resident

Best customer service in the business.

Not to beat a dead horse but are transmissions supported yet?
Old 10-12-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn, I wish I didn't need the DoD! This sounds exciting!

Sucks because I've been driving around with the factory tune the last few days because the car has gone back to the dealer with more trans problems.

Lew,
Any chance you could send me this "killer" non-DoD tune to try? If it's as awesome as everyone is saying, then maybe I can live without DoD!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing

Sucks because I've been driving around with the factory tune the last few days because the car has gone back to the dealer with more trans problems.

Lew,
Any chance you could send me this "killer" non-DoD tune to try? If it's as awesome as everyone is saying, then maybe I can live without DoD!
sure man, np...

I'll hit it up either tonight or tomorrow night after work for ya and get it sent...

shoot me an email please, to remind me...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 10-12-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Great tune!

Wes
Old 10-12-2010, 08:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Lew,
updated tune sent man!

Old 10-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Launching!

I can't wait to get the tune. Hopefully I get my trinity somewhere around the beginning of the year so I can be all ready for spring!! From the sounds of it, I am excited.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

NICE man!!!

yeah, I'll getcha movin'...

Old 10-14-2010, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
updated tune sent man!
Thanks, Lew!

I just found out that the dealer is replacing my tranny again (well, first time they rebuilt it), so I'll be without the car for another couple of weeks.

I can't wait to try this tune once I get the car back, though!
Old 10-14-2010, 01:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thanks, Lew!

I just found out that the dealer is replacing my tranny again (well, first time they rebuilt it), so I'll be without the car for another couple of weeks.

I can't wait to try this tune once I get the car back, though!
doh!!

ok, well don't use the tune then... hehe...

after you get the car back, install one of the regular diablo tunes... and then export a fresh new copy of your original backup stock tune file and send that to me, and I will make you a new custom tune from that new original backup file...

reason we want to do that is, in case they update anything in the ecm programming for the new tranny, we need to have matching calibration ID's in the custom tune and stock tunes...

Old 10-14-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
doh!!

ok, well don't use the tune then... hehe...

after you get the car back, install one of the regular diablo tunes... and then export a fresh new copy of your original backup stock tune file and send that to me, and I will make you a new custom tune from that new original backup file...

reason we want to do that is, in case they update anything in the ecm programming for the new tranny, we need to have matching calibration ID's in the custom tune and stock tunes...
Thanks, Lew. I'll delete the file!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Like I said before.. Lew's Tune made the most of what my car had and it literally made a night and day difference. Best mod for the money. I'm excited to see the difference at the track next year.

Now if I can just learn to launch with all that wheelspin.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Valis
Like I said before.. Lew's Tune made the most of what my car had and it literally made a night and day difference. Best mod for the money. I'm excited to see the difference at the track next year.

Now if I can just learn to launch with all that wheelspin.
want me to put the traction control back on for ya?? yes, that's disabled in the tunes... heh...

and I'll tell ya why I do it too... from my own personal experience...

during slippery/winter/snowy weather, while trying to make it up my own driveway, I'd get just around the corner to start the climb, would start spinning, TC kicks in and STOPS my wheels...

so there goes the little momentum I had goin... roll all the way back down, almost slide into a tree... get another running start... hit the corner to go up the hill, make it a little further, TC **** kicks in, STOPS my wheels... fucked again...

I disabled that TC ****, make my run at the driveway, and low and behold, my momentum keeps going, my wheels keep turning, keeps me moving, and I make it no problem...

same thing happened to me on my way home from work one winter... trying to make it up a hill on the main road... so, fork that!

I can't STAND the traction control bullshit on these cars... my right foot is my traction control thank you very much.

so yeah, it's disabled in all my tunes I do... it's better for ya...