Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OL TO CL Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default OL TO CL Question

Hopefully an easy question, I tuned my VE table pretty close I believe and everything is running around 1-2% per my WB. I turned all of the closed loop setting back "ON" and the car is running all over the place, 17 AFR down to 13 or so and idle and of idle is ~17 AFR, whats weird is it will not go into PE. I get into it and it stays right around 16-17 So I didnt go too far. MAF hasnt been touched yet as far as tunin g the tables but I thought the PCM would compensate a little and let the car run right. In OLSD tuning the VE table everyhting is great, PE is hitting around 12.9 and the WB reads 14.5-14.8 under most loads and throttle range

Idle1 tr30 is olsd run and the tets is after I enabled all of the CL parameters and delete the .doc.doc file extension on the cfg file, I couldnt get it to load a .cfg to load it on here
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
Modified10_CL_Enable.hpt (441.9 KB, 66 views)
File Type: hpl
tets.hpl (33.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: hpl
Idle1_TR230.hpl (58.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: doc
VE TUNING - Copy.cfg.doc.doc (2.5 KB, 54 views)
Old 10-18-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

I haven't looked at your tune but why not finish tunning the MAF then see how it runs?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

It was getting late and I was curious. I am just wondering if the MAF not being tuned would cause the AFR to be really far off. I was just looking at the log and the PCM commanded 12.9 and the actual AFR was 17 and whats weird is my injector % was 20, like the pcm wasnt adding fuel, runs good in open loop just not in closed loop
Old 10-18-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

yes, the pcm looks at both. Most people think the have the VE tuned without the MAF but you really need to either zero out the MAF table or un-plug it just to make sure because the pcm is still looking for it. It looks at the MAF first then the VE. Most people fine like the way it runs just on the VE table and CL.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new at this so keep that in mind... I am in the process of tuning an 06 Z06 with H/C, Fast 102 and full bolt-ons (E38 COS). I began tuning the MAF first. I will tune without the MAF on Friday but as of right now, car runs great idle to redline.

Tune the MAF by itself now... Once its good plug back in and the car should be awesome if your VE is where you want it. Even though MAF controls WOT and RPMS over 4000, it does reference it down low. When you log the MAF, take notice to the grams/cylinder @ idle... you can use that number to fine tune your idle at the end. Gonna assume that your calculated air flow and MAF are in disagrement causing your issues?

Still learning, just giving my .02, if I am wrong anywhere, please correct me.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you've changed anything to improve the intake portion, or efficiently of the car, you're MAF is going to be off. The engine will use the MAF for fueling and the VE to "verify" in all conditions except transition. That's when you want the VE tables dialed in. As far as idle, steady cruising and even WOT, you need the MAF tables correct.