Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I use a Corvette harness for a standalone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I use a Corvette harness for a standalone?

I have been searching for hours! My motor came from a Corvette ('02 or '04, I can't remember which). I'm installing it along with an F-body T56 in my Datsun 260Z. I have a F-body throttle body on it.

I have been using the the '00 Corvette pin-out in the FAQ and the Standalone word documents (I found them on here somewhere while searching) which I assume are for an F-body. Many of the removable items match-up to the same pins between the 2 (F & Y bodies), but now I am stumped. Since the information is incomplete, and I'm not smart enough to know what all of the plugs go to, I don't know if it'll even work. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old 10-26-2010, 12:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should be able to convert it to a Standalone.

As you said.. your "information is incomplete".. so you really to get the correct pin out for your correct ECM and Wiring harness.. Without that both you and everyone else would not be able to complete your task.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:44 AM
Launching!

Where are you located? Was wondering with the River City name.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Staging Lane

I'm in Richmond, Virginia. There are hundreds of River Cities, but ours is the first, LOL. The James River runs right down the middle of the city and from your history lessons, you'll remember the the first "successful" settlement of the Americas, Jamestown, was just down river on the James. We actually have class 4 rapids going thru downtown, hehe. Sorry for the long winded reply, LOL.

As for the pin-outs, I'm going to keep looking for them. I am using the one linked in the FAQ for an '00. I wouldn't imagine they'd changed that much in the following years.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I started with a C5 harness and converted it for my 408 with cable throttle body. I printed out the Corvette harness pinout along with a 2000 F-body pinout. There are some differences between the two, but basically it comes down to eliminating the drive-by-wire harness, emissions, and transmission controls from the C5 harness and then you buy pigtails (ebay) for throttle position sensor and idle control motor and connect them according to the F-body pinout. You will also need to add a fuse/relay box to power the ECM and sensors. I used the Current Performance relay box.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome, that's basically what I've been doing as well. Good tip on the harness plugs and the fuse and relay box.

Did you have to wire the TPS and idle control all the way back to the pcm connector, or did the corvette wires correspond to it? Did you use the 'vette PCM?

http://www.currentperformance.com/Ac...ring_acc.htmlt

Is the first item on this page the relay box you used?

Last edited by River City Speed; 10-26-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I ran new wires for the TPS and IAC all the way into the ECM connectors. I plugged them in according to the F-body pinout. I was told the ECM that I bought is from a '99 Corvette (which is also what my daily driver is). I plan to re-flash it with an F-body tune in order to be drive by cable.
Yes, the $95 relay box you linked is the one I am using.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not smart enough to know... Are you sure the Vette PCM even has internal connections at those pins?

OK, I just spoke with Steve Williams. He said if my PCM ends in 411, then I'm good. But, if it's a later version that ends in 243, then it wont have the IAC drivers.

Last edited by River City Speed; 10-27-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Quick check

Are the PCM connectors Blue/Red or Blue/Green? 0411 is the red set
Old 10-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

It is the 0411 version. I checked it when I got home. Good to know that the color of the plugs is a way to tell the difference though.
Old 03-30-2024, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pocket
Quick check

Are the PCM connectors Blue/Red or Blue/Green? 0411 is the red set
14 years later, thanks for that info. I was under the impression that red was dbc and green was dbw, ordered a green dbw pcm and it works but I noticed it wasn’t programmed to my vin and wasn’t able to change it because of being a different model

Quick Reply: Can I use a Corvette harness for a standalone?