Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springs- Comp, Patriot, Lunati Are they all pretty much the same ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Springs- Comp, Patriot, Lunati Are they all pretty much the same ?

I have a set of faithful Comp 918's in the car now but want to go to a dual. Looking at Lunati, Comp 921's, and patriot Golds. All are well in my lift range do I just grab the best deal or does one far more superior then the other. Just Curious.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Well the best deal is the Lunatis. They run about $220 shipped. They have something like tool steel retainers for maximum strength and almost as light as titanium, but obviously much cheaper to make. I think the Comps, Patriots, and PRCs are all pretty proven springs as well but with some obvious price differences between them. There isn't much information about the Lunati kit as its not run by a lot around here, but it's what I chose for my newest combo. I am throwing an awfully aggressive cam lobe at these springs and I am gonna see if they can handle it. I personally would advise you which whatever springs you choose, measure install height, coil bind etc.