Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guages going haywire

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guages going haywire

lately the gagues on the camaro are tripping *****. the speedo and tach will bounce around and stop working randomly, at the same time random lights to include the ABS inop light, the service vehicle light, the parking brake light, and the Check guages light will all turn on and off whenever. the fuel guage and temp will also just stop working. the car runs great when im accelerating, but when i get up to the speed limit and try to hold a speed the engine will bogg down and rev up over and over again which means that my crusie control is not working too.

i just put a new battery in it about 2 weeks ago, and the month before that i had the heads off and it ran fine until i put the new battery in anyone have a good place to start my search for the problem?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Check to make sure the grounds on the back of the head are tight. Maybe they loosened up. Also did you have your PCM out? Make sure both connectors are tight.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

today, the first 2 things im going to check are that ground on the back of the head and im also going to check to be sure that there isnt any wires pinched under the back of the intake, i havent had the PCM out though
Old 11-07-2010, 03:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Check the new battery for voltage with the motor off.It should be at 12.60 volts or a little higher,if not it might be a bad one.The battery in my wifes car was down to 12.2 volts and the gauges were all acting weired,3 years old.