Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick Master Over-pressurizing?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tick Master Over-pressurizing?!?

Hey all we just installed the tick master yesterday in my buddy's Camaro. 99 Camaro SS built 408/9"/built T56 w/ monster stg 4 w/ premium package, so new slave as well.

Well we were having problems shifting WOT so we swapped in the tick master. Pressure was good before we drove it. The pedal was much firmer than before with the shitty stock master. There were no leaks anywhere prior to driving.

We started to drive to a dyno day 20 miles away, did a practice WOT pull and the shifting was absolutely perfect. Well we get to the place and pull over, shut it off and wait around. About 3 minutes later we go to start it up and the line that connects from the master itself to the quick disconnect fitting on the slave keeps blowing off on the quick disconnect fitting side.

The quick disconnect fitting plugs in and stays into the slave no problem. The bleeder screw above the quick disconnect fitting is nice and snug and probably another 1/2 turn after that. We kept on trying to reconnect the line that was blowing off (it was snapping on like it should have) and once we would start to get pressure at the bottom of the pedal the line would blow off again and all the fluid would come spilling out.

Well after we had tried this a couple times we thought we'd try to slightly crimp the line to keep it on the quick disconnect fitting. Well this wasn't a good idea as the crimping developed 2 small gaps to the left/right of the quick disconnect fitting and the fluid was spraying out when the clutch was pumped. We haven't been able to call Tick about this yet as it happened yesterday.

We did however call the guy who built the car who said that the line is supposed to have some sort of teeth that grabs on to the quick disconnect fitting and holds. There are no teeth on this line.

Here's a picture of the part that keeps ****** up.

So what do you think about this? Do you think Tick should send a new unit or what?
Old 11-14-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a faulty line (clamp job)
Old 11-16-2010, 04:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bingo - we got a bad batch of lines from our manufacturer. If you haven't already, call me and I'll get a good line on the way to you same day.

My apologies!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Problem solved.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

these are bad *** MC tho and i love mine. thanks tick
Old 11-17-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

lol yeah thats not the QD side. Thats the side that gets crimped in place and SHOULD NOT COME OFF AT ALL!!! EVER lol
Old 11-17-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine happened today today too! fitting just blew out. ill call you tommorow Joey. still a great product though.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by RedRallyeZ
mine happened today today too! fitting just blew out. ill call you tommorow Joey. still a great product though.
Give me a buzz and I'll take care of it. It was a relatively small batch that was bad and I think we've already accounted for most of them, but if anybody else runs in to an issue, the solution is just a phone call away. Thanks guys, and I apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was it a recent batch or older? I just put mine in 2 months ago
Old 11-19-2010, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for helpin us out with this Joey.. the new line solved everything! A+ customer service
Old 11-22-2010, 03:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 25thhawk
Was it a recent batch or older? I just put mine in 2 months ago
You'd know as soon as you installed it if your line was bad - it'd blow the fitting right off. Sounds like you're safe!
Originally Posted by djfury05
Thanks for helpin us out with this Joey.. the new line solved everything! A+ customer service
My pleasure! I apologize for the inconvenience but I appreciate your kind words.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

No doubt +1 for Tick Performance. Glad to see there are still some good shops left
Old 11-22-2010, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

I had this problem as well. Tick sent me a new line.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Teching In

I put in a new centerforce dual friction clutch, new slave, MGW shifter, Tick speedbleeder and Tick MC two months ago. Works fine, however every now and then I would smell a strong odor of brake fluid as if it was leaking somewhere. I check all the fittings from the resovoir down to the QD and the speedbleeder....everything is dry. Puzzles the **** out if me. Any ideas?
Old 12-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Launching!

Wink

Originally Posted by GunnyJ
I put in a new centerforce dual friction clutch, new slave, MGW shifter, Tick speedbleeder and Tick MC two months ago. Works fine, however every now and then I would smell a strong odor of brake fluid as if it was leaking somewhere. I check all the fittings from the resovoir down to the QD and the speedbleeder....everything is dry. Puzzles the **** out if me. Any ideas?
i think somebody ^^ forgot to wash their hands before touching things inside their car .... or its a minor interior leak .. take a hard look at your MC or you might feel brake fluid dripping on your foot if you push your clutch half way down
Old 01-05-2011, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yep i installed my tick master on dec 30 and the line blew on new years eve, which left me stranded in frisco. Bought the line on nov 2
Old 01-08-2011, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Got mine installed at the shop today and same thing, blowing the fitting right off. Not trying to be too rude here, but a small rant is more than overdue. I think its absolutely ridiculous that a $350 master cylinder does something so stupid like this. I can buy the "awful, plagued GM master cylinder", bolt it in, and guess what, I would be able to drive my car right now! But instead, I have to wait till they ship me one, which better be overnighted, but we will cross that bridge when they contact me. At this rate, I am figuring worse case scenario and accepting that the line probably won't leave their shop till Monday at the earliest. This leave my car stranded at the shop sitting on a 4 post lift keeping my mechanic from doing other work, which I will be charged for. In other words, Tick, some financial reimbursement may be in order now that I am paying extra for my car to sit at a shop due to your faulty line that shouldn't have left your shop in the first place. Looking forward to hearing from you guys...

On a more positive note, I really hope that it is worth all this trouble because I have read almost nothing but good reviews on it and thats the reason I ordered it in the first place. Just hoping you guys can be reasonable about dealing with this and we can continue business as a Monster Level 4 clutch and Faceplating of the T56 is next on my list and last I checked, you perform both of these services, as do other vendors...
Old 01-08-2011, 02:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by CJJones87
Got mine installed at the shop today and same thing, blowing the fitting right off. Not trying to be too rude here, but a small rant is more than overdue. I think its absolutely ridiculous that a $350 master cylinder does something so stupid like this. I can buy the "awful, plagued GM master cylinder", bolt it in, and guess what, I would be able to drive my car right now! But instead, I have to wait till they ship me one, which better be overnighted, but we will cross that bridge when they contact me. At this rate, I am figuring worse case scenario and accepting that the line probably won't leave their shop till Monday at the earliest. This leave my car stranded at the shop sitting on a 4 post lift keeping my mechanic from doing other work, which I will be charged for. In other words, Tick, some financial reimbursement may be in order now that I am paying extra for my car to sit at a shop due to your faulty line that shouldn't have left your shop in the first place. Looking forward to hearing from you guys...

On a more positive note, I really hope that it is worth all this trouble because I have read almost nothing but good reviews on it and thats the reason I ordered it in the first place. Just hoping you guys can be reasonable about dealing with this and we can continue business as a Monster Level 4 clutch and Faceplating of the T56 is next on my list and last I checked, you perform both of these services, as do other vendors...
You've already seen in this thread that we're doing all we can to remedy the issues cause by the bad batch of lines we received from a manufacturer, yet you still feel the need to make this post, as well as two separate threads about your problem? On a day that we're closed? And demand "financial reimbursement"?

Mistakes happen, and as I've already posted twice, I'll take care of this as soon as we open back up on Monday. In the meantime, I'll help you out in this regard: We don't accept returns on used parts, but I will do you a favor and refund your kit in full when you return it with the bad line. Go buy a factory master cylinder and enjoy. No downtime that way!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
You've already seen in this thread that we're doing all we can to remedy the issues cause by the bad batch of lines we received from a manufacturer, yet you still feel the need to make this post, as well as two separate threads about your problem? On a day that we're closed? And demand "financial reimbursement"?

Mistakes happen, and as I've already posted twice, I'll take care of this as soon as we open back up on Monday. In the meantime, I'll help you out in this regard: We don't accept returns on used parts, but I will do you a favor and refund your kit in full when you return it with the bad line. Go buy a factory master cylinder and enjoy. No downtime that way!
OK, I was trying to be respectful but if you are going to play this way, so be it. I can't wait till Monday for you to ship out at your convenience- Have you forgotten that I am paying my shop for the time it is just sitting there for a faulty line that is on your end of the deal. Youre telling me that you couldn't go to the shop today and overnight it to me today (FedEx is open Saturadys)? And unless I missed it, you should have made a sticky about this or atleast your own thread admitting the problem. Not waiting for the OP in this thread to have a problem arise, and then admit to it. And as far as no refunds on used stuff, its not used? It didn't have the opportunity to be used due to your faulty line! So please don't escalate this anymore by threatening me by not returning this cylinder. And last I checked, McLeod just released a new one. I would love to run your cylinder as I have heard nothing but good things about it like I said previously, but I think you know you are not handling this in the correct manner. At the end of the day, this is a problem on YOUR end and nobody elses and I don't think you are doing everything you can to satisfy a decently high paying customer (in comparison to how much other master cylinders cost). And just for kicks, how and why did these faulty units even leave your shop?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

**** happens. Get over it! You know how many factory slaves have failed in my car within a couple thousand miles? Even factory stuff has flaws. You're the person that started off with the offensive post. Obviously they will remedy the problem so get off your high horse. You gotta pay to play so quite being a little bitch.

Last edited by raven154; 01-08-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Tick Master Over-pressurizing?!?