Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Restoring my dad's 1974 Camaro, hope you all can help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restoring my dad's 1974 Camaro, hope you all can help!

Hey there! It's about time to really crack down and restore my dad's 74 Camaro. He passed away when I was 9 in 1999, and it's about time I sell some of my possessions to try and fund a rebuild. Alone, I have no earthly idea where to begin, I work on bikes and am on a few motorcycle forums with some smart folks, but I figured, what better place to come, especially if I want an LS1, right?!

Got my eyes on a 99 Corvette LS1 motor with a 2000 Camaro 4160 transmission. Comes with all accessories and ECM, could anyone tell me what else I would need to make that work, and where to get it?!

Also I want to upgrade the suspension, rear-end, and brakes. I have my eye on this:

http://www.hotchkis.net/tvs_systembi..._firebird.html

Any advice on that full suspension, or any place to get a better deal? What about brakes and rear-end? It's my "Bastard on a Budget" so buying a rear-end from a late model car would be ideal, if that'd work? And which would be best?

I promise to stick around throughout my build, and there after! Thanks for any help you all can provide!
Attached Thumbnails Restoring my dad's 1974 Camaro, hope you all can help!-img_0824.jpg  
Old 11-26-2010, 12:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to Tech and I hate to hear that about your father. Hope you get the car done the way you want it and a way that would have made your father happy.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man, hopefully I can learn as much here as I did on zx-10r.net about my motorcycle!

Quick Reply: Restoring my dad's 1974 Camaro, hope you all can help!