Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry another S2/S3 question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry another S2/S3 question

my setup is in my signature....i decided im gonna do a throttle body and im having a problem deciding between S2 and S3...im looking for an overall gain in 1/4 mile ET (dont really care about 1/8th mile).....the S2 seems to be the drag racing type TB but i was wondering if the S3 would be better, considering my 60 foot and 1/8th mile are already pretty strong but my trap speed is a bit low.....would the S3 be a better overall choice given the fact that (at least the way i see it) i need a little more top end power?? btw the car is driven on the street very frequently so thats a little added shove toward the S3....can anyone help me out here? more importantly, if i do go with the S3, is my bottom end pull going to suffer compared to STOCK TB (not compared to S2, i know ill lose a bit in the first 1/8th with S3 vs S2.)

sorry i realize its probably a repost but im very confused as to the differences between these things..
Old 02-05-2004, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

From my understanding, you would benifit most from a S3 if you plan to increase your cubes. If not, a S2 will be sufficient.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ulySSes
From my understanding, you would benifit most from a S3 if you plan to increase your cubes. If not, a S2 will be sufficient.
just read the post about them ffrom SSonthesix.