Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

possibly hurt block?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possibly hurt block?

So I finnaly got my car back together the other night and drove it nice and easy for the most part and I had a lifter collapse last night while driving. It started clacking loudly the eventually car started a bad missfire and lost powerand the cel flashed the whole way home. I had to drive the car like this 15 miles. You guys think the lifter probly waisted the block in that amount of time?I know I really need to pull it a part and inspect. But got other priorities for the next few weeks. Worst case if the block did get f%@#$&*, double you guys think a 5.3 s/b with my 241s and ls1 intake and bolt ins would make pretty simaler power?
Thanks joe
Old 12-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stangtrader
So I finnaly got my car back together the other night and drove it nice and easy for the most part and I had a lifter collapse last night while driving. It started clacking loudly the eventually car started a bad missfire and lost powerand the cel flashed the whole way home. I had to drive the car like this 15 miles. You guys think the lifter probly waisted the block in that amount of time?I know I really need to pull it a part and inspect. But got other priorities for the next few weeks. Worst case if the block did get f%@#$&*, double you guys think a 5.3 s/b with my 241s and ls1 intake and bolt ins would make pretty simaler power?
Thanks joe
i doubt a lifter caused any damage to the block. damage to the cam is more likely. might have wiped the lobe . seriously doubt it hurt the block. If you drove it that long with a misfire there is a good chance it washed the rings on that cylinder. Still may be fine though. need to pull it down and take a look. may not be as bad as you think.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:28 PM
12 Second Club

Always true. Just worried after some of the threads I have read since last night. I really hope my can didn't get wasted but it is probly beat to ****. I guess I'm probly doing a can after all
Old 12-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Launching!

Always true. Just worried after some of the threads I have read since last night. I really hope my can didn't get wasted but it is probly beat to ****. I guess I'm probly doing a can after all
need to take a look. might get lucky and it didnt hurt anything and you could just replace the lifter. make sure you check the pushrod and the rocker to make sure its not beat to **** as well.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

Oh yeah. I think if all is good ill just buy all new lifters. Granted its more work but better safe the sorry. Did learn something with my motor. This time buy arp head bolts the stocks type are a bitch
Old 12-05-2010, 12:57 PM
12 Second Club

Oh yeah. I think if all is good ill just buy all new lifters. Granted its more work but better safe the sorry. Did learn something with my motor. This time buy arp head bolts the stocks type are a bitch
Old 12-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Launching!

yea im with you on the head bolts. I wish i would have used a head stud kit on mine instead of the stock bolts. hell the stock bolts are almost as much as a stud kit especially if you have to take it all appart again.