Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What clutch to buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What clutch to buy

Hey everybody. I was thinking of a new clutch but em unsure what to get. My shifts hold but when I really get on it it vibrates and grinds a lot when I really open up so I'm thinking I might need a new one.

Anyways I'm still getting a new one so wat parts do I need. Flywheel.throw out bearing. Etc. So I can complete the installation without a hitch. Thanks u guys for the help and marry xmas
Old 12-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Launching!

I'll second your question Marine, except I've used that fancy smanchy search option a little bit more.

My mileage has gone to crap and I've noticed some slipping under hard accel. Haven't tried the 5th gear romp at low RPM yet, i'll give that a shot tonight.

Looks like the main choices are LS7, Spec, Monster and Diamond. Anybody I'm missing who's worth checking out? Seems like Diamond is most active on the board...

And I'll second the request for what exact parts I need. Do I need to take the damn thing apart to find out, or should I just replace everything after 110k miles?

As always, thanks in advance, you guys rock.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by marine2149
Hey everybody. I was thinking of a new clutch but em unsure what to get. My shifts hold but when I really get on it it vibrates and grinds a lot when I really open up so I'm thinking I might need a new one.

Anyways I'm still getting a new one so wat parts do I need. Flywheel.throw out bearing. Etc. So I can complete the installation without a hitch. Thanks u guys for the help and marry xmas
Originally Posted by jrtf83
I'll second your question Marine, except I've used that fancy smanchy search option a little bit more.

My mileage has gone to crap and I've noticed some slipping under hard accel. Haven't tried the 5th gear romp at low RPM yet, i'll give that a shot tonight.

Looks like the main choices are LS7, Spec, Monster and Diamond. Anybody I'm missing who's worth checking out? Seems like Diamond is most active on the board...

And I'll second the request for what exact parts I need. Do I need to take the damn thing apart to find out, or should I just replace everything after 110k miles?

Give me a call at the shop and I can help you select the right Monster Clutch for your application and answer any clutch related questions you may have.

Matt
817-750-2000
Old 12-23-2010, 02:39 PM
FormerVendor

Or feel free to drop me a PM or give me a call for assistance too! We offer 7 different single-disc and 4 different Super-Twin options and I am certain that we can help you find exactly what you need! Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:42 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

There are lots of choices out there. We offering a free remote bleeder and free shipping with any complete kit. Stage 2 seems to be the most popular. It has excellent driveability and holds 600hp. $409 for the basic kit and $759 w/ new chromoly flywheel and slave cylinder included. Check my sig for the website.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:34 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by marine2149

Originally Posted by jrtf83

Hey guys, Merry Christmas...

Your two best choices are either the LS7 Clutch Kit(fw,disc,pressure plate & tool) $425 or a Monster Clutch...Depending on your power level now and what you plain on adding in the future...plus what your driving habits are will make your choice much easier and narrow the search for you....

Also remember you should always Buy a Clutch package that comes with a New Flywheel for any LS series cars...

We have Monster Clutches $200 off through the end of Dec 2010...

We keep instock all the accs..you will need to go with your clutch install...plus we have install LS7 & LS6 Clutch kits ready to ship the same day you order, NO waiting here....

Check out our 2 Holiday Special Deals at the links below...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...s-200-off.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...time-only.html

Also, please call me anytime and I will be glad to help any of you with your questions...I will take as much time is needed with each of you...thanks Mike Yeager
Old 12-26-2010, 07:49 AM
Staging Lane

Default Diamond clutch here

I got one of these from Jason at TDP about a year ago and will never look back. Smooth no chatter and NEVER slips "mods in sig" with very easy pedal effort. He really knows his ****. Jason cut me a hell of a deal on it. Good luck. Happy Holidays and Semper Fi

Quick Reply: What clutch to buy