Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autometer Ultra Lite 2 Oil Temp Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autometer Ultra Lite 2 Oil Temp Gauge?

Just had these installed by my shop. When I started her up all was well at the shop and the gauges started from 0 and moved up as car warmed up. Its been colder than blazes here the last couple days and I needed to move the car to get to my cold weather car and I noticed the oil temp gauge was reading 140 lol? Cars been sitting there in 0 degree weather for 2 days. Do these gauges take awhile to respond or do I have a defective sending unit or gauge?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Launching!

What kind of gauge? Electric, electric full sweep, mechanical? Does it reset when you turn the key? I have an Ultra light full sweep electric in my car and it resets to 0 when I turn the key and then slowly rises as oil temp comes up. If its not resetting then I'd suspect a sending unit or wiring issue. Give autometer tech line a call, they are very good will probably send you out a new sending unit free.

I thought I had a problem with an electric fuel pressure gauge in my diesel truck and they sent me a sending unit, no questions asked.

Chris
Old 01-02-2011, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Right on will do. The others zero when I turn the key then come up but this one is obviously coming up when it shouldn't I will give them a call. Thanks!

This is it!

http://www.jegs.com/i/Auto+Meter/105/4956/10002/-1