Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Soft Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 05:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Soft Pedal

I just installed a new master cylinder on my car yesterday. Bolted up the line and filled with fluid. I let it gravity bleed until it started dripping, then proceeded to pump-hold to the floor-crack the bleeder. Did that a few times and didn't get much pedal pressure. I then stuck the mity vac on at 12hg and it pulled up some bubbles, gave the pedal a little pressure but still mushy.

I continued bleeding traditionally and with the mity vac, and the clutch pedal is softer than it was before I took my old leaking master off. and engages/disengages horribly. Is there a secret to getting all the air out?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

did you pump the pedal while you had the mity vac on it?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Same problem here, I pulled the trans an replacing clutch and slave to see if it fixes it
Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by silversrtman
did you pump the pedal while you had the mity vac on it?
Yes.

My clutch is only a year old with 15,000 or so miles. As well as the slave. Never leaks fluid or anything, reservoir stays full and clear, but pedal and engagement is terrible.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Staging Lane

I had same issue mushy peda after master and slave and clutch install l. And a friend said to just take the mighty vac and pump it all the way up and leave it for a while 1/2 hr. and then check it. and it pulled all the air out doing it this way. I had also tried just pumping it to 12 because i heard it would screw up the master any more than that. Mine is fine for over a year now no problems and great pedal engaugement. Just my experience.

Quick Reply: Soft Pedal