Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Stainless works did me dirty, or did they?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stainless works did me dirty, or did they?

Should a manufacturer warranty their product regardless if you have a receipt or invoice? It says plain as day on sw's website " The warranty covers material corrosion rust through and workmanship under normal usage by our customers.". Both mufflers are corroded through around the outlet neck and one has the internals flopping around on the inside. Sounds like ****. I called and I have to have a receipt showing I bought them. It's their product and it's broke. That should be the end of the conversation. I should send them the busted ones and they should repair or send me new ones. Am I right or wrong? Anyway can't afford new sw mufflers so may have to swap or get them patched. Bad part about swapping is it's a full sw sytem. Long tubes on back.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SickDenali
Should a manufacturer warranty their product regardless if you have a receipt or invoice? It says plain as day on sw's website " The warranty covers material corrosion rust through and workmanship under normal usage by our customers.". Both mufflers are corroded through around the outlet neck and one has the internals flopping around on the inside. Sounds like ****. I called and I have to have a receipt showing I bought them. It's their product and it's broke. That should be the end of the conversation. I should send them the busted ones and they should repair or send me new ones. Am I right or wrong? Anyway can't afford new sw mufflers so may have to swap or get them patched. Bad part about swapping is it's a full sw sytem. Long tubes on back.

You're wrong because its normal for a manufacturer to void the warranty if you are not the original buyer of the product. That's what they want proof of.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

I guess your right. Just seems like if they stood by their product 100% it wouldn't matter.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

Dude...have you not heard of the term scam? As a company why would they be blindly willing "Warranty" out a product that cannot be verified was sold through them. They have policies to protect themselves against getting screwed. It's not like their personally attacking you, they're just covering their own asses.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

I hear where your coming from. But it wasn't like I wanted him to send me two new mufflers for nothing. I would send him his faulty product back (shouldn't matter who it belongs to IMO because it's still their product) and they fix it or replace it. The warranty states that rust an corrosion damage is covered, period, not just for a limited time. I mean isn't that what's supposed to be good about stainless anyway? I don't know I guess I need to suck it up. So what should I do, try to tig these holes and tach the baffle back in place or get some new mufflers? Can't afford new sw mufflers so any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:54 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SickDenali
Give me a call at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!
Anthony
800-878-3635
Old 01-12-2011, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

well that looks like a stand up vendor . hope it works out for everyone .
Old 01-12-2011, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Hope it works out for you ive got SW long tubes and they look the same as when i bought them about 3 years ago through about 35k miles and they were even used when I got them. Car is daily driven.

Quick Reply: Stainless works did me dirty, or did they?