Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Powerbass 5 channel good for my set-up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerbass 5 channel good for my set-up?

i'm running 4 6.5'' powerbass speakers in my doors/backseat area and 1 10'' sub in a stealth box. right now it's an incriminator audio sub but i'll probably swap it out for a kicker cvr. i'd like to just run a single 5 channel amp for everything. i'm looking to spend $200-$350. i'm not looking for anything crazy loud, just enough to sound good and provide enough power. i'm leaning towards one of the amps in the links below. how do you guys think they'll work for my set-up and which would you guys choose? or are there any other 5 channel amps in my price range that would be a better option? i've run both kicker and powerbass products in the past and have had good luck with them. thanks!

http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/m....5X/detail.asp

http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/m...005/detail.asp

Last edited by dutinsss; 01-08-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO a 5 channel amp is a good for what you want.

I've got a Powerbass ASA-700.5 powering components in the doors & hatch, sail panel mini subs and a sub in the trunk.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

good to hear! how does it sound? particullary the sub. my main concern is that the sub will be underpowered, but i could be wrong.

anybody else have any suggestions on 5 channel amps?
Old 01-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Banned

I've used those for some time. Powerbass makes a pretty decent amp. I have both the 700.5 and the 1100.5 and can match any advertised legit price. I can also get you a good 4ga install kit to wire it up for $21.00 when purchasing the amp through me.
I also have several others in that same price range that are very good. JBL, Infinity has 2, Cadence, Boston Acoustics has 2 pretty close to that price range and a few others.
Let me know if I can get you one as I am kind of local to you and can get it to you fast...I am in Marietta GA. I have used 5-channel amps for years now because of ease of use and versatility. I love having 2 amps in one.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I've used those for some time. Powerbass makes a pretty decent amp. I have both the 700.5 and the 1100.5 and can match any advertised legit price. I can also get you a good 4ga install kit to wire it up for $21.00 when purchasing the amp through me.
I also have several others in that same price range that are very good. JBL, Infinity has 2, Cadence, Boston Acoustics has 2 pretty close to that price range and a few others.
Let me know if I can get you one as I am kind of local to you and can get it to you fast...I am in Marietta GA. I have used 5-channel amps for years now because of ease of use and versatility. I love having 2 amps in one.
awsome. the only thing i'll need is a short power wire(my battery is in the trunk now close to were the amp'll be), a fuse holder and fuse for the amp because i already have a 4 channel wired up minus a power wire. would you recommend any of the others you carry over the powerbass? if you can price match, i'll no doubt order it from you.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dutinsss
good to hear! how does it sound? particullary the sub. my main concern is that the sub will be underpowered, but i could be wrong.

anybody else have any suggestions on 5 channel amps?
It doesn't have "booming bass" but it works for me.
Much better than stock obviously.

I could probably get more out of the sub if it weren't a cheap 10" & removed the sail panel speakers from the sub channel.