LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Engine Harness Connections

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine Harness Connections

Disclaimer: This is for a 97 T/A and cuurently all the wiring has been removed. I'm only wiring in the engine harness and trying to get power to everything for the car to run. There aren't any factory modules or relays currently being used, just tracing and pulling factory connectors/pigtails and wiring it up. I'm getting everything together and I'm starting to label the wires needed and hooking them up to fused power. I've got a few questions about what wires are needed and if the names are right.

Connector C100
H - Coolant Fan relay control (2 & 3)
J - Coolant Fan Relay Control (1)
Are these ground activated? What does the 1,2,3 designation mean?

Connector C105
B - Power Feed from Injector Fuse #10
I couldn't find an Injector Fuse #10, only Engine Fuse #10 in my Haynes manual. Is this a typo, if not what A rating does it need?

Connector C210
B - Ground feed to fuel pump relay
D - Feed from fuel pump and fuel pump relay to prime connector
I'm guessing that B is the important one. It ground activates my relays in the back of the car per the PCM, same way my BS3 was. What is D for and do I need it for the pump to work properly. Currently I have a dual Walbro setup in the tank with two relays. Primary is ground activated and the other 12V activated.

Connector C220
G - VSS
J - Fuel Pump Relay Control
K - Coolant Temp Feed
Can the VSS and Coolant Temp signal be used for aftermarket gauges? What is the factory voltage range for those sensors? Is J the fuel pump relay control I need and not the previous one on C210? Is C210 the ground and C220 the 12V switched source?

Connector C230
D - Tach signal
E - Theft Deterrent Fuel enable
Can the tach signal be used, same question as above. Does E need to have power applied to it so the PCM will continue to provide signal to the pump eventhough I disabled VATS?