Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Electronic issuse with car... need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic issuse with car... need help

Ok it's been snowing a hell of a lot latly and it's melted just enough that i can drive now... thats not the problem. I recently added the free ram air mod and a new air lid... i dont think this is the cause of it but anyways. I was driving down to a friend house when allof the sudden all the the electrical power inside my car went out... gauges, radio etc... it reset my trip meter and my clock... now my engine kept running but all my gauges and so forth went back to IDLE this only lasted for a few seconds... and then all went back to normal... and today it did it again and reset my trip... now im taking a 500 mile trip tommarow back to my house in colorado im waundering if this is somthing that i need to look into NOW or it can wait till i get home.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Check your connections on your fuse panel on the drivers side under the hood you may have a lose connection. Also one of your relays could have gone bad. I havent experienced that problem but I have seen it on other cars.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Cheap?

So this shouldnt be a serious problem, just somthing that will cost a couple bucks to fix if that right? I can most likly do it myself if it's a fuse... dumb as i am
Old 02-10-2004, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Think my car did something similar this past week...i started it up and the trip meter was reset...i said, fine. Then I started it up the next time and again it was reset, and this time all the gauges flashed over to their highest values and back down, and ever since that its worked perfectly fine. Kinda strange if you ask me.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Just hoping

Well i am just hoping that the thing doesnt blow up on me while im driving from Nebraska to colorado today or i am going to be really pissed because for all you epople form the west coast who dont ever see temps below 60 it's 10 degrees out right now So yea, it's kinda creepy when all the gauges go haywire... i checked the fuses they all looked fine.