Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Reverse Light Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Reverse Light Question

first off i know that my idea is illegal. i dont care im tired of people riding my ***

ok well i have some left over h7 bulbs from before i switched to HIDs and i had a good idea to swap them into my reverse light slots. i know i will need a new connector but is it possible? the bulbs are only about 1.5"-2" long. i would also run a switch to the front to where i could flip it and the lights come on when im out of reverse for those ******** who like to ride my *** at night. all i would have to do it run 2 wires (spliced into the 2 on the reverse light wires) to a switch up front right and the switch to a power wire (spare cigarette lighter wire)?
Old 01-23-2011, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by my bandit
first off i know that my idea is illegal. i dont care im tired of people riding my ***

ok well i have some left over h7 bulbs from before i switched to HIDs and i had a good idea to swap them into my reverse light slots. i know i will need a new connector but is it possible? the bulbs are only about 1.5"-2" long. i would also run a switch to the front to where i could flip it and the lights come on when im out of reverse for those ******** who like to ride my *** at night. all i would have to do it run 2 wires (spliced into the 2 on the reverse light wires) to a switch up front right and the switch to a power wire (spare cigarette lighter wire)?
Ive thought about doing that.

Sounds like a good plan. quite illegal though... so i would never do it
Old 01-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Launching!

Hi,
i would not chance it! You have way to much liability if someone were injured
or killed. You would make alot of friends in the wrong place.however, it is very frustrating to all who experience this problem.
JIM
Old 01-23-2011, 01:08 AM
TECH Addict

it would also be used if i need to see behind my car also
Old 01-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

I have found that simply turning on the hazard flashers has a profound effect on tailgaiters except those who are deliberately trying to get on your nerves (and backup lights won't bother those jackasses either).
Old 01-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Why don't you tap the brakes or install a brake light pulser? http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm (That would scare the crap out of a tailgater.)

Don't do the backup light thing. If you did it to me, you'd end up a victim of road rage. Also, you could blind another driver at night and seriously hurt someone. I'd rather see you install a James Bond oil slick cannon in your bumper before doing this.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

I wouldn't use it until its one of those jackasses that ride your ***, you get over and then they do the same thing. It would scare the **** outta them if they see reverse lights come on going down the highway haha. Or to **** people off when the are waiting for a spot to put them on then go forward
Old 01-27-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just install a siren and a couple of lights in the back hatch. That usually straightens up anyone riding your *** lol
Old 01-27-2011, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

i think that would be even more illegal haha
Old 01-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

O wow I feel like a derp.. cause you had same problems and thoughts I have... and I dobb plan on ever keeping them on for long .. just a quick flash.. cause maybe some forgot.theirs are on...
Old 02-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

This seems to be a common question...