Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Seat Compatability?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seat Compatability?

I'm replacing the front and rear seats in my 97 Z28 and want to use seats from a Firebird/TA.I know I'll need the harness to get the lumbar feature to work.Can somebody verify the years that will work in my car.Thanks
Old 01-25-2011, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just put a set of ebony leather trans am seats in my SS. 2000-02 models only had ebony so I guess it was one of these years. However, to my knowledge all 93-02 trans am seats will bolt into a Camaro. The LT1 T/A seats are different than the LS1 seats. 1997 might be the only year an LT1 car had LS1 style seats, but I'm not sure.

69TA, a member on here did have a seat harness. You could send him a PM and see if he still has one for sale. I was looking for one for my swap a month ago, but I bought one right before he sent me a message about the one he had for sale.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 67SS&99SS
I just put a set of ebony leather trans am seats in my SS. 2000-02 models only had ebony so I guess it was one of these years. However, to my knowledge all 93-02 trans am seats will bolt into a Camaro. The LT1 T/A seats are different than the LS1 seats. 1997 might be the only year an LT1 car had LS1 style seats, but I'm not sure.

69TA, a member on here did have a seat harness. You could send him a PM and see if he still has one for sale. I was looking for one for my swap a month ago, but I bought one right before he sent me a message about the one he had for sale.
Thanks.I am looking at some from a 2002 TA in ebony and just wanted to make sure they would work.The guy has the harness also.I have a back that gives me fits when I ride for long periods of time and was thinking the lumbar/bolster feature may help a little.They just cost to much to ship and I'm deciding if I want to make a road trip or not.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Red97LT1
Thanks.I am looking at some from a 2002 TA in ebony and just wanted to make sure they would work.The guy has the harness also.I have a back that gives me fits when I ride for long periods of time and was thinking the lumbar/bolster feature may help a little.They just cost to much to ship and I'm deciding if I want to make a road trip or not.
They are soooooooo worth it. I should have done this years ago. The lumbar/really does help a lot with back and lateral support. When I bought my seats, I got lucky and got the passenger, rear seat and some ebony interior panels for $110. However, I had to search the net to find a drivers seat and have it shipped. I got a mint drivers seat for $100, but it cost $180 to ship. While I still had a great deal in my seats, if I had it to go over again, I would have just bought a complete set from somebody.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 67SS&99SS
They are soooooooo worth it. I should have done this years ago. The lumbar/really does help a lot with back and lateral support. When I bought my seats, I got lucky and got the passenger, rear seat and some ebony interior panels for $110. However, I had to search the net to find a drivers seat and have it shipped. I got a mint drivers seat for $100, but it cost $180 to ship. While I still had a great deal in my seats, if I had it to go over again, I would have just bought a complete set from somebody.
The guy wants $600 for both fronts and the rear.But the shipping is like $200.I may have to bite the bullet and either pay the shipping or make a trip since the only salvage yard around here closed a few years ago.

Quick Reply: Seat Compatability?