Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Cleaning microsuede, care?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cleaning microsuede, care?

So I have a pair of Corbeau microsuede seats in the car. I was wondering what the best method is for cleaning them? I traveled with my dog FL-PA-FL so I have some dog snot and slobber on them now.

I was also wondering how to best care for them? Car unfortunately is out in the FL sun a lot so I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help slow down fading? I know Corbeau says their cloth is UV resistant, but is there anything else I can do?

Same question as above for my Schroth harnesses. Anything I can use on the harnesses to keep them looking good? Thanks! -Corey
Old 01-25-2011, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's a good website I bookmarked for my interior folder.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-...lean-suede.htm
Old 01-25-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

i need to clean my backseat.. girlfriends son spilled milk on the back suede seats in my 04 cobra.

then i got brown stans in my charcoal grey carpet.. im guessing from dr.pepper being spilled. wtf. how can i clean that?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Junkie

So microsuede is a form of leather? Good to know there are cleaners and some kind of brushes then. I'll look into that. I just know it as this neat feeling stuff.

Much better than the factory seats, and the Corbeau Forza I had in there for two years.

So why do they call it microsuede, suede cleaners will work just fine then?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

its fabric not leather ala microFIBER
Old 01-25-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by theskitztikwon
its fabric not leather ala microFIBER
Exactly . Do not clean microsuede with cleaners intended for real suede . The microsuedes and alcantara do need alot of attention to stay looking good but typically do clean up well if done properly( most poeple dont clean it right or at all and it ends up hardening and looking like crap ) . First vacum the areas to be cleaned really well . Start small with the cleaning . A damp microfiber will usually clean the light stuff . Get a bucket of warm clean water to rinse so you can rinse the microfiber often . Wipe and blot one section at a time with the damp MF , then vacum and lightly brush with a SOFT brush . If the plain water does not do the trick , you can add a very small amount of mild cleaner like meguires "all in one" . For stains , a good thing to use with microsuede is a isopropyl alcohol dilluted with water . Dont over saturate the fabric , dont skip vacuming and brushing it when your done ....it will go a long way in maintaining the softness and texture .
Old 01-25-2011, 10:21 PM
TECH Resident

anyone know what my 04 cobra has? suede or microsuede? the outter part of the seats are real leather, then the inner parts are suede or microsuede
Old 01-25-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

From all Ive heard and just judging by appearence, the Cobras used microsuede. I would verify that 100% though. I cant see why Ford would use real suede though, its just too high maintanance and not suited well for automotive interiors. Ferrari, Lambo ect ect dont use real suede for this reason.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks LT4vert!

Quick Reply: Cleaning microsuede, care?