Nice apartments in North Austin?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Nice apartments in North Austin?

Looks like I'll soon be a resident of Texas, since I just got a job at Samsung in Austin. I'm living in CA right now, so I can't really drive around and check these places out.

I don't mind a slightly longer drive, or paying a little more, for a nice apartment in a decent area. Just looking for a 1 bedroom, around $800. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-28-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Melagrano at Tervista in Round Rock is where I'm most likely going to be staying in a year or so. A big 1 bedroom is $780. 1 bedroom with direct access garage is $909.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Congrats, I've worked at Samsung for about 5 1/2 years. Are you coming from the Corps program or just from applying online? If you are coming from a different semiconductor company forget everything they've taught you. Samsung is heavily influenced by Korea. Things are run differntly here then other places. Another thing, like any job things can get frustrating. The key to surviving here is to be able to handle stress, learn to treat people the right way but know when to be an ******* to get things done. Not trying to scare you or anything, its a good place to work and one of the best in austin but stress management is something you need to learn lol. Also with the 2 new fabs built parking is now a bitch. Get to work around 710-720 to get a decent spot. It will take some time to get the hang of things but the perks and bonuses make up for some of the headaches.

As mentioned Terra Vista is a nice place to live. Any apartments on the 130 toll road will be nice. Stay away from anything near Rundberg/Dessau area even though its close to Samsung. I live in some decent apartments off of Shoreline Drive called The Estates at Shoreline. The apartments arent bad but I really like the area. During the economic downturn the apartments dropped prices and a little rift raft showed up but the prices are going back up a little and lots of people have left again. Although we never had any crime or mischeif since ive lived here. The area is near a nice neighborhood that has a big hike and bike trail, pond, public pool, soccer/baseball fields, and a little half court basketball court. Theres also a few nice little restaurant about 5 minutes away that are a bit secluded from everyone else and mainly the neighborhood goes there. Also a nice little haircut place in the same small shopping center.

If you look at any apartments and want some input pm me and if ive never heard of them i wont mind swinging by to check out the area if its not too far from me.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I'll check those places out. I've got a few weeks to shop around before I move down there.

I'm working as an equipment technician, so I'll be on the compressed work schedule. But I'll keep parking in mind. I have experience in the military, so the whole stress thing shouldn't really affect me, but thanks for the heads up. I'm really looking forward to this job.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damnit. i knew i should have done engineering instead of finance.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sil3NTXWS6 is an engineer there at Samsung!

I know he has a place around that area.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yessir.... I work there as well... I don't really have any advice on apartments though. There are quite a few nice looking places in the area.

Which dept are you in?
Old 01-29-2011, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not sure which dept I'll be working in. I just know I'm an equipment tech in the Fab 2 building.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice car scene here if you know who to hang out with. As for apartments, I currently reside at parkside crossing right off grand and 35 (about 3 minutes from samsung). I pay $650 for rent which includes water, covered parking, washer/dryer, and trash. Light bill during winter has been around $30, cable/internet/home phone another $100. Its a 800ish sq foot 1 bedroom apartment.

It's an alright apartment complex, but the management is super gay about working on your car (which I think is the norm around all apartments...). Goodluck with your search. You should join http://www.faststreetcars.com, that's our local board.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone seen a Black C5 Z06 on black wheels patrolling parmer?
Old 01-30-2011, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Spartan7
Looks like I'll soon be a resident of Texas, since I just got a job at Samsung in Austin. I'm living in CA right now, so I can't really drive around and check these places out.

I don't mind a slightly longer drive, or paying a little more, for a nice apartment in a decent area. Just looking for a 1 bedroom, around $800. Anyone have any suggestions?
Just call and talk to Niki at www.apartmentexperts.com

Tell her Walter sent you.
100% free and she does all the searching for you. Saves you time and gas and spending all the application fees you might have to waste before an apartment complex will approve you.
And it helps that Niki is a hottie.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:23 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

2003 I lived in an apartment on FM 620 not far from Four Points. They renamed the complex so I don't know the name but it is the complex immediately next to the new Concordia University site. The reason I mention it is because they have garages that are right under your Apt and are accessible via your own indoor back staircase (you don't go outside to reach your garage) and they never said anything to me about working on my cars. They also had extra garages, so I added another one to my lease , but it was in a different building around the corner.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:26 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
Anyone seen a Black C5 Z06 on black wheels patrolling parmer?
Why, does he need to get drug?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:03 PM
12 Second Club

Anyone know anything about the Mandalay apartments off ridge blvd close to 35?
Old 01-31-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The Verandah at Grandview hills is nice. Right by 2222 on 620 in NW Austin. I've lived there for 2 years, We have a 1 bedroom with an attached garage for $800 a month, including pet rent. The also have nice dog parks to let your mutts run if you have one. We are also right up against a huge nature preserve so it's pretty quiet and the upper floors have a gorgeous view if you are on the backside of the building.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TWS
Why, does he need to get drug?
no one ever wants to play
Old 02-01-2011, 07:47 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SiL3NtXWS6
no one ever wants to play
Certain people "play" regularly. It ain't pickup games in traffic. That's stupid ricer ****. These games are organized and occur on a proper court.

sorry for the
Old 02-01-2011, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Kewl_Blades
Just call and talk to Niki at www.apartmentexperts.com

Tell her Walter sent you.
100% free and she does all the searching for you. Saves you time and gas and spending all the application fees you might have to waste before an apartment complex will approve you.
And it helps that Niki is a hottie.

This man speaks tha truth
Old 02-01-2011, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TWS
Certain people "play" regularly. It ain't pickup games in traffic. That's stupid ricer ****. These games are organized and occur on a proper court.

sorry for the
you really think I'm racing through traffic? nah. Much smarter than that. Don't assume things so much. You shouldn't be hypocritical and preach to me at all, if you're racing on the street yourself.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Launching!

you can get a house for the same price!!!!!!!!!!!