PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Keep or ditch front O2's for Open Loop tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Keep or ditch front O2's for Open Loop tune

Im in the process of repinning the harness and came to the 02 sensors. I know its normal rule of thumb to get rid of the back o2's, but when running a OL tune, what benefit would i have by keeping the front sensors?

I plan on a Speed Density OL tune which uses predetermined values in the bin files. Is there any other need for them or can I just delete them off the harness?

Is there a way to run a 0-5 volt (from wideband) to the ecm and have it work in closed loop fueling?

Im planning on using a single wideband and ditching the stock o2's, unless there is a dying need to ever keep them around.

Thanks
Old 02-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by typhoon1015
Im in the process of repinning the harness and came to the 02 sensors. I know its normal rule of thumb to get rid of the back o2's, but when running a OL tune, what benefit would i have by keeping the front sensors?
If you're going to run open loop, there's no need for any O2s.

I plan on a Speed Density OL tune which uses predetermined values in the bin files. Is there any other need for them or can I just delete them off the harness?
See above answer.

Is there a way to run a 0-5 volt (from wideband) to the ecm and have it work in closed loop fueling?
No. And why? If you don't want to run closed loop with narrow bands, why would you want to run closed loop with a WB?

Im planning on using a single wideband and ditching the stock o2's, unless there is a dying need to ever keep them around.

Thanks
I would question why you would want to run open loop anyways. What's the setup? Race car only? Crazy cam? I've run plenty of radical setups in closed loop.

Quick Reply: Keep or ditch front O2's for Open Loop tune