Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

stereo is OFP, tweeters remain constant. WTF

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 07:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stereo is OFP, tweeters remain constant. WTF

ok so my radio started acting really funny (in both CD and radio modes) a few weeks ago. for one, from time to time it will turn on and off randomly. and even when it is on, 95% of the time, only the tweeters work, and the other 5% it decides it wants to behave and work properly. my battery is good, but i've been told the alternator isn't putting out any power, which doesn't make sense because the car still starts up and runs as usual and the battery doesn't go dead. in any case, is it possible that the alternator is just performing poorly and for some reason isn't supplying the amp with enough power? maybe there's a short somewhere in the wiring? maybe my monsoon head unit (from a '97 T/A) is toast? i know nothing about stereo systems, HELP! thanks.

i have an SLP UDP, by the way. and my voltage meter reads in the yellow almost all the time, but sometimes it comes up to a good level. don't know about that either...