Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mast LY6

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Mast LY6

Has anyone used the MAST setup on an LY6? Either the harness and ECM, cam kit, or both?
I haven't read about anyone who has done this, although the reviews and posts say it's a great plug and play application.

Reason one for not getting it is obviously the price, but are there others? I know they don't give you the tuning software for your ECM either, so that might stop people from getting it.

I've got an LY6 w/o everything minus the harness. Would like to keep the VVT and get around 400rwhp and keep the low end torque. What's the best/easiest/cheapest way to accomplish this?

I know gmpartsdirect sells the harness for $380 and that Patrick G is the man to talk to about a custom VVT cam. What's the best tuning software? Is there a better place to get a harness (haven't seen one here in months)?

Thanks guys
Jim
Old 02-19-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

LS3 intake and TB, TSP VVT cam ( call em), LT headers. Get a OEM ECM and send it to TSP get a tune to match the VVT cam. They can do the VVT tables and get you close. Prolly won't hit RW figures but should be close.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:09 AM
Launching!

I actually just want to know if there's anyone here who has used MAST's stuff.

Current plan is finding a boneyard harness, working it myself, going to have Longtubes and have an OEM ECM, then get a cam from either comp or TSP and find someone in MA who can tune a VVT motor.
That's why I was wondering about the MAST setup, if it is really worth the money.

Thanks
Jim
Old 02-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the mast setup purchased through pace perf. on an 08 ly6 in my 68 chevelle. There may be cheaper and/or better routes but mast setup was cut and dry flawless and well engineered. You can tune modify their tune via laptop and their software pkg but I honestly see no need.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run the Mast setup on my L92 which is essentially a bigger aluminum version of the LY6. I had my own motor and just bought their harness, cam, springs, ECU with tune, and software. They were great to deal with and I have had no problems at all. Their ECU setup is great for swaps since you can run your gauges directly from the ECU without having to add extra sensors. My only complaint is that they don't have cruise control enabled yet on the ECM. They definitely have the VVT worked out. When I bought mine they were the only company with a VVT cam.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Launching!

That's great to hear.. thanks for the advice, guys. Nice to hear it is as easy as it sounds.. now I have to figure out whether it's worth the dough