Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Speedinc "budget" fuel rails. Not thrilled. [PICS]

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speedinc "budget" fuel rails. Not thrilled. [PICS]

Got this in today. ordered the Speedinc budget fuel rail system. Their product description was a little deceiving.
http://www.speedinc.com/cont.cfm?cid=C0000694

I know they're a sponsor, and I haven't been thrilled with them in the past (since 2004) so I don't mean to come off as bashing, but I'm just not impressed right now. I'll run em, but I wonder what I would get for the $30 extra.

-There's a REASON they chose not to use these rails (cheap? Leak? Defect?)
-At least put their own label around the box or repackage them.
-The box and inside was opened, missing a plug.
-If I wanted PP rail system I would have bought from them. I thought I was getting a Speedinc "House" system. (if there is such a thing)

I just expect a little more from a big place and I've prolly paid someone's yearly salary with the money I've spent there. But I know, I'm a faceless customer. Just an account number.

Hand assembled.

Last edited by bayer-z28; 02-22-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Veteran

And do the injectors just sit in the rails? No retaining clips? Or do the rail brackets hold them in?

And what tape do I need for the connections? I know I can't use the regular white teflon tape.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

No clips on most a/m rails. Rail brkts keep the injs from blowing out.
As for the tef tape, keep it back from the end of the fitting a thread or two, and it'll work.
Or, use liquid tef, and keep it off the end of the fittings.....
Old 02-22-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

make sure you lube up the end of the injector when you go to slide them into the rail. There is no chamfer on the lead-in so you end up cutting the o-ring on the injector. Sucks..
Old 02-22-2011, 07:15 PM
9 Second Club

And let me add one more thing... You may need larger/thicker injector o-ings... Dont worry overthere sunshine the fun is just getting started... Here some helpful advice... Buy a set of these and keep them on the shelf... https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...ng-intake.html

I just loves my shelf...
Old 02-22-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Veteran

^ The FAST 102 intake came with new injector o-rings.. But I take it those are for the INTAKE side of the deal. I'll try it tmrw to see how it fits. Gotta finish up smoothing out some rough edges in the intake first. (NOT porting it.. Just smoothing) Almost done. I'll throw it together tmrw. Prolly gonna have to track down the spacers for them to work on this intake, but we'll see.

And thanks for the advice fellas.

Last edited by bayer-z28; 02-22-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Teching In

I ordered the budget rails without the crossover, and it was missing 1 SS inlet fitting, 1/8 NPT pipe plug, and a 3/8 NPT to -8 AN 90 degree fitting. These are advertised on the web site and on the list of the kit contains these. I called Speed Inc., and they said the manufacturer does not include these fittings in the kit, even though they advertise that they do. I will never order from Speed Inc. again.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Veteran

^ I found my plug in with the rest of the mounting hardware. They should really specify that these do NOT work on an LSXr intake. I called and they said that their "house" rails aren't done yet... They said they could give me a credit, but frankly, I'd rather my money back now. Come to think of it. This isn't the first time I've had an issue w them. They still owe me a set of $80 Bresslin locking header bolts from 2004, which I never received. Never got them but it's too late now.

But yeah. It seems like they just picked through what they needed and shipped the rest out.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Watch the mounting brackets on those. They are slotted (or at least were on both sets I've used) and can let the rails back off enough to leak vacuum, or, in my case, fuel. I made new brackets that are NOT slotted to fix them in place. Aside from that I've not had any issues, but I bought them bare (no AN lines). They do cut the injector o-rings easily, I buy a box every time I change injectors just because I know 1-2 of them is going to get sliced on the rails.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Veteran

^ I didn't have a problem with mine. Lubed the o-ring with SeaFoam and they slid right in. The rails did have a chamfer on it. Thicker o-rings used on the intake side of the deal and they fit nice and snug.

I'm gonna drill my rail to fit the 102 mounts. Tired of dicking around with this already and I just want to get it together. It's a solid block of aluminum, it's not gonna hurt anything.

Quick Reply: Speedinc "budget" fuel rails. Not thrilled. [PICS]