Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprag??, pcm??http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.ls1tech.com/get/forums/images

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprag??, pcm??http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.ls1tech.com/get/forums/images

Ok so after my engine sensor fuse kept blowing my 4l60e was shifting ridiculously hard into drive and reverse, with no tc lockup and no cruise control either After checking o2's for burnt wires and such i put a new brake switch on and the fuse quit blowing "for now" and cruise and tcc lockup returned but sometime during the hard shifting something happened now when i put it D,3,2 it doesnt do anything it will barely creep, but i can put it in 1 until it hits around 15 mph then i can put in d and it will up and downshift like normal until i get back down to 15 and it pops out again. Basically i would like to know from yall tranny experts before i pull the tranny out if it is in fact a sprag, clutches or pcm related? Btw if it is the forward sprag willl there be shavings in the pan thanks guys i really appreciate some input.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:49 AM

From what you are describing I would have to agree that you have an issue with the input sprag. The reason why your car moves in manual low is because the low reverse clutch comes on with the over run clutch. Once you get moving and the speeds are fast enough for the way your computer is programmed, the other clutches will apply when you move the shifter. Good luck with your build. If you have any other questions just ask. Vince
Old 02-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Staging Lane

thanks vice i pulled it and that is exactly what is was.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:23 AM
Staging Lane

vince*
Old 03-01-2011, 06:04 AM

No problem man glad to help. Also thanks for correcting my name after you butchered it!