LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Vibration, becomes worse as speed increases

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vibration, becomes worse as speed increases

Ok so I've had this problem for awhile but it hasnt really reared its ugly head until the past week. First and foremost, its not the common 5th gear vibration, or at least i dont think it is. When im in neutral, and I slowly work the RPMS up, theres a little vibration gets a little worse at higher rpms, however that vibration is nothing compared to the driving one, I dont think its the motor mounts, when I was manually giving the car shots of gas from under the hood, the engine seems to stay put (ya know that old trick where if your mounts are bad the engine flexes bad when gas is given?). As for the driving vibration, when im in 4th or 5th just cruisin at 50-60, its that bad that the shifter bobs up and down and the passenger seat is having a spaz attack, i could also feel it in my right leg, so im thinking it has to be something in the driveline. I'm thinking U-joints or trans mount. But I've also been told the driveshaft could be bent?
Old 03-09-2011, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy car had a problem like that. Spent months trying to figure it out. Finally took the t56 to a tranny shop and they found the 5-6 gear shaft bearings were shot. Does it only do it at 50-60mph? In nuetral once your up to 50-60mph?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a horrible vibration and it turned out to be the drive shaft. Installed a LS1 driveshaft and it all went away. Mine felt like the drivetrain was going to blow apart around 90. It started the vibration around 75 and just got worse from there on. Stole my buddies LS1 driveshaft from his car and drove like a dream. So I ordered one off of Ebay.