General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Wtf? That was weird. (lights)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wtf? That was weird. (lights)

I went out and started it to let it warm up. I got in and hit the brake pedal and noticed my dash lights when dim very quickly and return to normal. I don't know how I noticed it because you have to stare at it to sit. I thought to yawls that's kinda odd. I did it several times. well I got to driving and turn my headlights on cuz it's dark out. I have the cruise control on and came upon a curve, so I tap my brakes to turn the cruise off and as soon as I tapped my brakes, my headlights, DRL, and fog lights all flashes off at the sane time and immediately came back on. I got driving further, and a car flashes me thinking I have my brights on. I flash my highs at them too and as soon as I do my headlights, DRL, and fog lights start flashing on and off about 4-6 times. Then every light on my dash came on! Then everything went back to normal.... Any ideas. Also I had a thread about a "dead spot" that I thought I took care of but it's also back. That thread is here--> https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...dead-spot.html incase you need more info.... Sry for it being so long... Hope you guys can help..
Old 03-07-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

O I forgot to mention that I have HIDs I'm my lows and fogs and I have the LED switchbacks in my DRLs. One more thing I forgot to mention is before I put in the HODs, I have noticed a few time that my regular headlights would get bright upon taking off. Almost like it was running off a stator (ie Yamaha banshee). Lol only thing I can compare it to
Old 03-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is odd. You might have a short somewhere.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take it to autozone and have them chck the alt/bat...
Old 03-07-2011, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Yea I was thinking the same thing. Check the alternator. I've read on here of guys' headlights being dim at idle and then getting brighter when accelerating and it wa their alternator. I just don't kno how it would cause all my lights to flash light a police car lol. I'm surprised the guy in front of me didn't pull over haha.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:53 AM
TECH Addict

Battery Is new btw.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Addict

Haven't had a chance to get the alternator tested yet. But I drove the car again tonight and about 6-10 times when I'd hit my breaks my headlights would shut off then come back on real fast along with my radio. I was listening to music atthe time and my music would stop then start again. It also did it on it's own maybe 2-3 times without me touching the brakes. also it was raining out tonight. I dunno if that makes a difference. I'm thinking maybe I have a bad ground or corrosion somewhere. Any other thoughts....??