Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel line setup, questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel line setup, questions.

Just want everyone’s opinions before I move forward with my purchase. I am putting together a fuel rail setup for my 06 GTO and have read some things on this site and just want to clarify that what I am going to purchase is the correct stuff, and I will not be disappointed with the end results. At the same time I am going to change my lines and fittings on my catch can to the same as the fuel lines, and I have also relocated my evap system, and want to use the same hose on that as well. Currently the evap and catch can have braided SS line, the catch can also has copper hose barbs. Ends on these are the super cheap an look-a-like hose clamp type fittings.

*Edit* Found a site that I can get all "Name Brand" connectors cheaper than the summit brand, so I have changed the below text.

Read someone say to not mix and match brands on hose ends and hose, so it looks like I am going with the Fragola 2000 series. The hose is black nylon braided, non Teflon lined. I am running premium gas, no E85. However, in Iowa most all gas does have 10-15% ethanol in it. Link to the hose I selected: http://www.race-mart.com/Fragola-FRG-841006.html unable to find a black hose with Teflon lining. Is the Fragola connector 491989-BL the same as the russel (Rus-640853) to connect to the hard line?
http://www.race-mart.com/Fragola-FRG-491989-BL.html

Found that site that I can get all Fragola, which I think is a decent brand, for better price than Summit Racing, with using mostly summit fittings. I have heard some not so great things about the Summit and Jegs brand AN connectors.

Here is how it currently looks. A FAST 102 is going in and all the stainless braided line will be switched over to black line and fittings.

Also does anyone know if the Speed-inc budget rails will work on a FAST 102?

Last edited by Commissar; 03-09-2011 at 03:46 PM.