Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Go for my loan tomorrow!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Go for my loan tomorrow!!!

WOO-HOO......I go to start paperwork for my loan tomorrow. Unfortunately, I dont have very much credit so my mom has to co-sign. Thats cool with me though. I should definately get it with her salary and credit. 2002 SOM Trans Am WS6. The reason I am posting here is this. I should have $2000-$3000 thousand after I buy the car. Im thinking $1200 for lid, headers, ORY, catback. I would like to get the FTRA, but I HATE the way it looks hanging under the bumper. Im thinking about running my own ram air. Have to fab some kind of block-off though Depending on how much is left, I'm either gonna get a 12-bolt with 4.10's or just 4.10 gears for the stock rear, with a couple hundred left over. I'd also like to get a very mild cam if money is good. Eventually want a TT setup, so Im guessing 6.0L heads should do the trick?What do you guys think? Any beginner mods Im missing, or anything you wouldnt do? ALL opinions are very much appreciated. This forum has been a tremendous help to me. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you should keep the 3000 for insurance and tickets........................................... ............
Old 02-16-2004, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ta12sec
I think you should keep the 3000 for insurance and tickets........................................... ............
Insurance under mommy and daddy's policy is only 800/6months or 135 a month. As far as tickets.....I have a badge Not saying that their isn't some ***** who wont give me a ticket, but not very likely. Especially since I cruise where my boys patrol. Also, what kind of rwhp am I looking at with the lid, possibly FTRA, LT's, ORY and catback? Im guessing 345-355?

Last edited by kjmdrumz3; 02-16-2004 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

"Insurance under mommy and daddy's policy is only 800/6months or 135 a month. As far as tickets.....I have a badge "

Cops that live with mom and on moms insurance......................... But really, I would do a lid any one they are the same really, then do the 12 bolt, After that Id say a clutch and subframe connectors. After that you will have a decent foundation for your plans. Making power before making a base is fun till ya start breaking stuff. Good luck on your loan. You have come to the right place for ls1 technicail info.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ta12sec

Cops that live with mom and on moms insurance.........................
Now there was no need for that I live with mommy and daddy and am under their insurance for one reason.....SAVE LOTS OF MONEY. I'll bank money for a year or 2 then move out on my own. Only problem is now Im having trouble deciding what to spend the money on. Car or house?
Old 02-17-2004, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kjmdrumz3
Now there was no need for that I live with mommy and daddy and am under their insurance for one reason.....SAVE LOTS OF MONEY. I'll bank money for a year or 2 then move out on my own. Only problem is now Im having trouble deciding what to spend the money on. Car or house?
I cant talk Im a 21 yr old ase master tech living with my parents banking my money. But mY insurance and cars are in my own name. I figure best time to buy the car is before I buy a house. Ill probaly buy a house when I pay it off.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:24 AM
11 Second Club

My mother is co-signing, so my name will be on the title too as far as insurance...i dont care as long as its cheap. So, back to the original question...
WOO-HOO......I go to start paperwork for my loan tomorrow. Unfortunately, I dont have very much credit so my mom has to co-sign. Thats cool with me though. I should definately get it with her salary and credit. 2002 SOM Trans Am WS6. The reason I am posting here is this. I should have $2000-$3000 thousand after I buy the car. Im thinking $1200 for lid, headers, ORY, catback. I would like to get the FTRA, but I HATE the way it looks hanging under the bumper. Im thinking about running my own ram air. Have to fab some kind of block-off though Depending on how much is left, I'm either gonna get a 12-bolt with 4.10's or just 4.10 gears for the stock rear, with a couple hundred left over. I'd also like to get a very mild cam if money is good. Eventually want a TT setup, so Im guessing 6.0L heads should do the trick?What do you guys think? Any beginner mods Im missing, or anything you wouldnt do? ALL opinions are very much appreciated. This forum has been a tremendous help to me. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mod list looks ok for starters...
save money on cat back and get a $30 cutout(my .02)
ftra is a great mod... chances are your fab job wont look as nice...
4.10 gears on stock...bad
12 bolt on modded m6 bad...
9" rear 4.11s good

cam good.. 224 nice and streetable.
tt.... you better have BIG $$$
6000+ for the kit
1000+ for all the tuning and dyno time its gonna take to get that thing tuned...

well then theres the whole your gonna burn your stock bottom end up...
so add 3000+ for forged internals...
shall i continue??
forced indution is fun but you have to pay to play...
chances are if you are trying to save money then you cant afford this...

or...
h/c 3-4000 one time no prob
4-500 tuning

and a on your face all the time
Old 02-17-2004, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Make sure you post some pics of the new ride Also, is it a m6 or a4? What kind of miles does it have on it? Just out of curiousity. Good pick on the color
Old 02-17-2004, 08:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

As far as tickets.....I have a badge Not saying that their isn't some ***** who wont give me a ticket, but not very likely. Especially since I cruise where my boys patrol.

So what department do you and your "boys" patrol for?
Old 02-17-2004, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Its an M6 with just 20,XXX miles on it. It was driven about 40 miles a day, but where mostly highway miles. I don't care......Its a 2002 SOM WS6
As far as me and my "boys"....I work for the Md. Transportation Authority Police. Oh yeah. One more question. I was thinking about keeping the stock exhaust and just getting a cut-out. Is the cut-out proven power? Over an aftermarket cat-back?
Old 02-17-2004, 09:48 AM
11 Second Club

cut out is 6-7 hp over most cat backs
(dynoed 13 hp over my flowmaster crap)
Old 02-17-2004, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like a nice ride. You'll have fun with it. It seems like you got the power mods down, but you might want to think about suspension too. Power will do no good unless you can get it to the ground. Unless you like burnin up tires

And I'm not trying to be critical here, but I have to admit that I really don't like hearing about cops that do things they know are illegal(and unsafe), where your average person would get in a lot of trouble for, but they have the law on their side. Just curious if you'd take blame for hurting somebody in a street race, or would you try to cover it up to protect your reputation and career?
Old 02-17-2004, 10:38 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With 3K...

I'd do full exhaust, lid, clutch, subframes, lower control arms/brackets, springs, torque arm, and drag radials. Possibly a cam and a tune. I'd save the rest of the money for when you need to replace stuff like brakes, etc.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackBowtie
Sounds like a nice ride. You'll have fun with it. It seems like you got the power mods down, but you might want to think about suspension too. Power will do no good unless you can get it to the ground. Unless you like burnin up tires

And I'm not trying to be critical here, but I have to admit that I really don't like hearing about cops that do things they know are illegal(and unsafe), where your average person would get in a lot of trouble for, but they have the law on their side. Just curious if you'd take blame for hurting somebody in a street race, or would you try to cover it up to protect your reputation and career?

I don't think he is a commissioned officer, he says he "works for" them, which is usually the indicator that he is a dispatcher or some other clerical/operations function. I don't think any commissioned officer would ever advertise the fact that they want to "badge out" of criminal offenses, and if they did, the department would want to know about it no matter what their position, that is for sure. I don't think people that think they are above the law should be allowed to take part in enforcing it.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Got it. In that case, press your luck.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:09 AM
11 Second Club

i did not see in his post where he said anything about street racing...
and come on guys....
be honest... if you had a badge and you got pulled ... it would be the first thing you whipped out...
lets not be hypocrites...
if i had a badge i would not be paying a fine in 1 month
Old 02-17-2004, 11:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackBowtie
I take full responsibilty for my actions. Besides, can I really give an LS1 a ticket? NO! RICE.......Hell Yeah lol
Thanks Jaber
Old 02-17-2004, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

welcome
Old 02-17-2004, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Z-6Speed
I don't think he is a commissioned officer, he says he "works for" them, which is usually the indicator that he is a dispatcher or some other clerical/operations function. I don't think any commissioned officer would ever advertise the fact that they want to "badge out" of criminal offenses, and if they did, the department would want to know about it no matter what their position, that is for sure. I don't think people that think they are above the law should be allowed to take part in enforcing it.
You can call me officer...lol. People bitch about cops "badging out of tickets". Think about it for a second. If you work at an auto parts store, you get parts at a VERY good discount, when everyone else has to pay full price. Just perks of the job. I risk my life everytime I go to work, so getting out of a speeding ticket or speed contest ticket isnt too much to ask. Besides, I don't write very many speeding tickets since I speed pretty good myself.