LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Single plane Vic Jr set up questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:01 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single plane Vic Jr set up questions

I am really wanting to do this set up soon. I posted that I was looking to buy someone's set up that is already complete but if that doesnt work i will build it my self. The part I am still confused on is which actual intake are these guys buying for the set up. A Vic Jr E efi for a SBC? What is happening to the mass air in the swap? Can you run a set up that will use the 58mm TB or do you have to go to a Wilson type TB. Yes I have searched but I need definite answers before I go and spend $1000+ on parts that wont work.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Don't be too hasty and try to figure out your current setup. If you really wanna move to a single plane, there are tons of threads on here about it:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...lane-pics.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...take-****.html

Most are using the Edelbrock 29785 which is the SBC Victor E EFI intake. Some of the bigger dogs are using the Super Victor however with that setup you will have to drill your own injector bungs. If you want to keep the 58mm TB, you will need to get an intake elbow like the one from Nitrous Outlet. There are others out there too. MAF is up to you. You can either keep it (I did) and make your own air intake plumbing or remove it and go SD.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:51 PM
8 Second Club

Thanks for the info. Well I would like to figure out what I have going on now but at the same time I think I would benifit from this regardless

Quick Reply: Single plane Vic Jr set up questions