Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help 4L80 shifting problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help 4L80 shifting problems

okay so people have been telling me it maybe in limp mode but I am going to be hooking the car up to a scanner on Monday. The problem is The car feels like it is starting in 2nd or 3rd and won't go into 1st or 4th. I also have shift solenoid B perfomance or stuck code I think it was P0757. I am also going to take a couple of quarts out and put some Trans-X in it and see how that goes. But I want to know what to look for on the scanner to verify the problem. I was able to manually shift it for a second and the computer would just automatically shift as soon as I put it in whatever gear and now it won't do that anymore. Fluid is as pink as the day I put it in, no grit when I rub a drop between my fingers either. Also here is the other problem as quoted from another thread in PCM diagnostics. "So I went to get my meth kit put in with some dyno tuning. Well before I took the car there it would hit the rev limiter. The issue is that while on the dyno the car won't hit redline 2nd gear goes to 6000 3rd goes to 4600 and 4th hits like 5200 the car pulls hard and steady until it hits those points and they say that everything looks good and can't figure out why it's doing it. I am going to try to get the tune that they put into my car tomorrow and post it but I am stumped also now I have no 1st or 4th gear and it feels like it either starts in 2nd or 3rd and having a 4L80 with a 3600 stall isn't nice on the wallet this time of the year with gas prices." Yes I had all gears on the dyno but now I don't. Thanks for the help guys
Old 04-19-2011, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

replaced the solenoid B but still having the problem so I will try to check/replace the wiring harness, thoroughly clean the valve body and see how that goes because it still has the code
Old 05-01-2011, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

check the wires to the pcm and got 2nd back but found a bolt missing that holds up the manifold pressure sensor so gonna drop it off and get it replaced

Quick Reply: Help 4L80 shifting problems