LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

updates on warranty and pictures of plastidipped wheels/ murdered out

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 03:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default updates on warranty and pictures of plastidipped wheels/ murdered out

so after an agonizing wait at the chevy dealer ... it turns out my oil level pressure switch, the oil pan/ gasket and the transmission cooling lines are all leaking .... and surprise, the only thing covered on the powertrain warranty, is the oil pan gasket ... so i scheduled another appointment for a week or so from now because i had to get home to let the repair guys in to fix my furnace ...

well i did some research, and the $90 oil level switch is only $35 at oreily's ... and ive crawled up under my car and not seen any tranny fluid dripping any where ... and even had some cardboard under it a few nights since and see no evidence of them leaking ... and the fluid has not gone down ...

so im going to have my oil change guy, let me swap out the switch when i get my oil changed ( after the pan swap/ gasket ) because i am simply not going to pay a dealer for any service ...

what i fail to accept even a few days later is how any part meant to regulate, monitor, control, cool or assist in the powertrain ( in my case - all 3 things ) cannot be covered under warranty ... its like saying that your insurance would cover a heart transplant, but not sew the artery's or aorta back together after putting it in ... just does not make sense to me

so anyways ... on top of all the other things i know are going to need work on my car very soon ( brakes, tranny, new tires ) now i have to get this taken care of as well ... and in a fit of frustration ... i asked them how much they would give me on a trade ... lets just say i laughed a little because its so far under KBB value for a trade in - in fair condition ... which my car is certainly not ... and nearly 2/3 retail value ... ( lets not forget, minus the headlights and taillights - which would only require some sanding and a fresh coat of clear - everything else can be taken off or put back on ... and i even made light of all of this before asking for a quote )

any how- rant aside ... some people asked for a close up of the plastidipped wheels ... so heres a few pictures of those and the redone headlights ... and a video of her rolling around ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cWzi-yiyCE

Old 04-02-2011, 05:35 AM
Staging Lane

Wow that is simply beautiful, man I'm in amazement...
Old 04-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

Mytails are asdark as yours you mentioned all it would take would be some sanding and clear. Is that all thats needed to get rid of the paint? Because I got a ticket a couple weeks back and need to clear them up. Im going to get them repainted but lighter. Btw great pics
Old 04-02-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

Pics look AWESOME, car looks AWESOME!!!

I need to snap some pics too.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Car looks awesome.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SScali
Mytails are asdark as yours you mentioned all it would take would be some sanding and clear. Is that all thats needed to get rid of the paint? Because I got a ticket a couple weeks back and need to clear them up. Im going to get them repainted but lighter. Btw great pics
youre better off just finding a set from a junked car, or on craigslist for cheap, throwing those on for a few days, getting your ticket taken care of, and just putting the other ones back on ...

without knowing what you painted them with, or without alot of patience, its going to be a pain in the *** to get them back to stock ... i wouldnt mind doing it if i got a ticket because i have free time at work ...

i guess its a matter of how much you value your free time ...
Old 04-02-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

you car looks AWESOME!!!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

trans cooler lines are a common leak point for these vehicles, you wont see the leak by the pan, follow the lines and you'll see the leak, more towards the radiator
Old 04-02-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How does that Plasti dip work?

Does it spray like an aerosol?

It looks like a cool product.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Drjesus616- yea i might just pick up a pair and do that becuz I do not have alot of free time
Old 04-02-2011, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

^^yep, its a just like spray paint except you don't have to sand and primer anything.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mike690003
How does that Plasti dip work?

Does it spray like an aerosol?

It looks like a cool product.
yeah, comes out like a thick spray paint ... check youtube, there are plenty videos of people doing their rims, i was in a rush doing mine because i only had enough jackstands to get half the car up at a time ... but if you can do all 4 rims at once ...

cleaning, masking, painting, and dry time shouldnt take more than 2-3 hours
Old 04-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by rvd9431
trans cooler lines are a common leak point for these vehicles, you wont see the leak by the pan, follow the lines and you'll see the leak, more towards the radiator
cool thanks man ... im not worried about that leak so much right now ... im going to get the oil leak all fixed first ... and then when i get the tranny fluid changed, ill probably have them replace the lines then ... but shes not low, and doesnt really drip fluid ... so shell be fine for a few more weeks
Old 04-03-2011, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

ya they wont drip, just seep, Ive only seen one occasion where the lines actually blew out. GM lines suck, just like the oil cooler lines on the 4.3 blazers and s10's, they leak usually where the metal clamps meet the hose. As far as your oil leak goes, the rear main seals are common leak points too, itll look like an oil pan leak

Sick wheels though, that looks professionally painted, looks real good. Im not usually a fan of blacked out everything, but your car is a rare exception it looks sick, especially with those headlights, is that an HID kit?
Old 04-03-2011, 11:07 AM
12 Second Club

Beautiful car..
Can you get some black lug nuts too?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by rvd9431
ya they wont drip, just seep, Ive only seen one occasion where the lines actually blew out. GM lines suck, just like the oil cooler lines on the 4.3 blazers and s10's, they leak usually where the metal clamps meet the hose. As far as your oil leak goes, the rear main seals are common leak points too, itll look like an oil pan leak

Sick wheels though, that looks professionally painted, looks real good. Im not usually a fan of blacked out everything, but your car is a rare exception it looks sick, especially with those headlights, is that an HID kit?
yeah, im going to let the dealer replace the oil pan gasket, do whatever they will do under warranty, and then replace the pressure switch myself ... and seeping is no big deal, ive not run low all this time ...

thanks for the thumbs up on the wheels ... my headlights are just stock, niteshaded, and yes, i have the ddm tuning HID's - 6ks
Old 04-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DavidGXP
Beautiful car..
Can you get some black lug nuts too?
i actually like the silver ... but if i can find a set of them cheap i might ... or i might just try a little enamel paint marker on them ... the only thing is, anything i do to them has to be done once they are on, because im sure torquing them down will scratch or mar any paint

Quick Reply: updates on warranty and pictures of plastidipped wheels/ murdered out