Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Body Coolant Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body Coolant Bypass

I've read all about the throttle body collant bypass mod and what it does, or doesn't do, and I even have a kit that I got years ago that I stumbled across the other day. My question...is there a compelling reason to keep the lines at all? From what I can see the lines run through the TB and then into the coolant crossover line that runs from the head on the driver's side to the head on the passenger side...what about removing the hoses altogther. Could I just block off where the one hose goes into the radiator and where it goes into the coolant crossover? Is this little amount of coolant flow really necessary or would there be any adverse affects from doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Old 04-04-2011, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by humdingah
I've read all about the throttle body collant bypass mod and what it does, or doesn't do, and I even have a kit that I got years ago that I stumbled across the other day. My question...is there a compelling reason to keep the lines at all? From what I can see the lines run through the TB and then into the coolant crossover line that runs from the head on the driver's side to the head on the passenger side...what about removing the hoses altogther. Could I just block off where the one hose goes into the radiator and where it goes into the coolant crossover? Is this little amount of coolant flow really necessary or would there be any adverse affects from doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Dan
I wouldn't remove that coolant line, no way. Just use the kit you have and cap off the TB and use the fitting in the kit to connect the two coolant hoses.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Coolant Bypass