Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'48 Diamond T pickup with 6.0/4l60E IS ALIVE!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '48 Diamond T pickup with 6.0/4l60E IS ALIVE!!

I fired the Diamond T for the first time today, it lit right up as soon as I hit the key! Everything seems to work, the tach, all the other gauges, so I can now loom all the wiring up into a harness under the dash. Got great help from LT1swap website for modifying the truck underhood harness, and he also reflashed the ECM for me. I can't say enough good things about him.

I was a little worried about the injectors, as the engine hasn't been run for a year and half, but no worries. I had to replace one coil as I busted the snout off lifting the engine to install it, but other than that, it sounds good to go.

FYI it's an '01 (or '02, I forget) 6.0 from a 2500 HD 4x4 with an '05 van 4L60E, Dana 70 rear with 4:10's, 3/4 ton ball joints, spindles and brakes up front on a '93 G20 van crossmember that's narrowed three inches. Wheels are '05 Dodge 3/4 ton aluminum 8 lugs, 17" with 245x75R17's. (The steel one on the right front is the spare rim, I have to get the new tires mounted on the aluminum rims)

Here's a link to the YouTube vid! I'm a happy guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DaI-HGNvfk
Old 04-04-2011, 09:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

That's cool. Are you going to paint it red with a green stripe? I think designers at the factory were color blind, because every one I've ever seen has been that color combo.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

You're right, that's the ONLY color the 201's were available in. The bigger series trucks could be had in any color offered, but not the little guys. I thought briefly about painting it olive green (to match my '36 "Fordillac roadster) with a red beltline, but thought it'd be kinda cheesy. The beltline will be the same olive green as the roadster however.

Brian

Mines the only one I've ever seen. I have no idea where I got the idea I wanted one, but I've ALWAYS wanted one!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by flynbrian48
I fired the Diamond T for the first time today, it lit right up as soon as I hit the key! Everything seems to work, the tach, all the other gauges, so I can now loom all the wiring up into a harness under the dash. Got great help from LT1swap website for modifying the truck underhood harness, and he also reflashed the ECM for me. I can't say enough good things about him.

I was a little worried about the injectors, as the engine hasn't been run for a year and half, but no worries. I had to replace one coil as I busted the snout off lifting the engine to install it, but other than that, it sounds good to go.

FYI it's an '01 (or '02, I forget) 6.0 from a 2500 HD 4x4 with an '05 van 4L60E, Dana 70 rear with 4:10's, 3/4 ton ball joints, spindles and brakes up front on a '93 G20 van crossmember that's narrowed three inches. Wheels are '05 Dodge 3/4 ton aluminum 8 lugs, 17" with 245x75R17's. (The steel one on the right front is the spare rim, I have to get the new tires mounted on the aluminum rims)

Here's a link to the YouTube vid! I'm a happy guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DaI-HGNvfk
I'm rebuilding the original hurc. for one of these now, Real clean survivor that mice made a home in the engine! 36K orig. miles. The last 201 pickup made is forsale right now, was special made for the CEO of Diamond T in '49, Has every option including 20" wheels with covers! All for the low price of 50,000$ LOVE YOUR PROJECT but I'm afraid at 6'7" I can't fit in the cab.

Quick Reply: '48 Diamond T pickup with 6.0/4l60E IS ALIVE!!