New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i wanna run my LS1 drag car without an alternator can this be done???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i wanna run my LS1 drag car without an alternator can this be done???

im putting my supercharged 383 LS1 in a fully tubbed and 10 piont caged 68 camaro ss and ive ordered a motor plate to mount the motor ( the motor has been pushed back 6 inches and lowered 3 inches for a better launch ) so mock up the motor plate to the motor and notice on the drivers side im goin to be cuttin way too much of the motor plate for my liking because of the supercharger mounting braket and the alternator and bracket soo i wanna know if if can run without an alternator and just charge the batery every run? im going to be running an electric water pump aswell and an electric fuel pump all guages are manual guages (oil and water) im also running a th400 manual brakes and no pwer steering an NO EMISSIONS BS can somebody help me out
Old 04-08-2011, 02:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

yes it can be done. ive never done it myself so i dont know if guys are running mutiple bats in serise or if they are just using one. you mite pop into the drag fourms and ask them
Old 04-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Teching In

Thanks mang

Quick Reply: i wanna run my LS1 drag car without an alternator can this be done???