Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Head/cam install in az... Tucson-Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head/cam install in az... Tucson-Phoenix

Just moved out here to Tucson, I know most members are in Phoenix area. I'm willing to travel. I want to get a cam install done, and replace lifters while at it. Sucks pulling the heads for it but I think it's a good idea. I've got a few quotes from shops Locally but figured I'd get on here and see if any members wanted to make some cash.

Car is an 04 ctsv

Please pm me if interested
Thanks
Old 04-15-2011, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

I am sorry if this sounds like a lot of questions, but these are things that would need to be addressed depending who does the work.

How much are you looking to spend? How much downtime can you have with that vehicle? Do you have all of the parts together for the swap (springs, pushrods, cam, head gaskets, front cover gaskets, intake gaskets timing chain, oil pump, coolant, oil)? Do you have a base tune for it? Are you prepared to pay for a Dyno tune? Does your car have headers and other bolt ons already?

That is all for now. LOL Thanks.

David

Last edited by 96AZHAWK; 04-15-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Teching In

I'm just about to order all parts for it, I wouldnt expect it to take too long after ordered, I've ordered a set of headers already that I figured I'd be able to do myself. It's completely stock right now, yes I'm prepared to get it tuned following the installation.
I was quoted right at 2100 for all minus pulling the heads. Pulling the heads of course would add cost of gaskets and an additional 550 dollars or so.

So I was thinking if I just ordered all parts myself and had it installed by someone here I may be able to save a few dollars.. Maybe not well see I suppose.
Thanks for the response
Old 04-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Teching In

Also, I have another vehicle to drive during downtime so not too big a deal for how long that takes
Old 04-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be forewarned, I've heard headers are pretty time consuming on ctsv's
Old 04-17-2011, 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you were in Nor Cal I could do it for you... I would LOVE to... hmmm maybe a trip to Tuscon is in order lol
Old 04-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Teching In

I'm from norcal originally, maybe I'll take a trip up there for some time off work. I'm from Roseville/rocklin area
Old 04-17-2011, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything David said. Now once past that, if you have the downtime and want it done at a shop....Top Gear in Mesa. Tucson, I am not sure if there are any.

Quick Reply: Head/cam install in az... Tucson-Phoenix