Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

any books on manual transmissions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any books on manual transmissions?

i am looking to expand my knowledge on transmissions i have a t56 so im looking more into manual transmissions i am soon going to be doing a rebuild and naturally i want to gain a little more knowledge before i do more harm than good so any books or dvds (preferably books) would be helpful and any books or dvds on sbc's or performance engines or transmissions in general would also be appreciated thanks guys. (and im not looking for the entire history of the sbc i want informative books on rebuilds and horsepower).
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

GM has a Unit Repair Manual, which shows how to disassemble the transmissions and repair them. They come in a two volume set. One for all of their automatics and one for manuals. They are sold at www.helminc.com

Or, there is a less extensive T-56 specific manual posted on the web: http://cs.pontiac-club.com/graphics/...viceManual.pdf
Old 05-03-2011, 01:42 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Hands-on such as at a local vocational or comm. college can be invaluable. Getting your hands on parts that you don' have to worry about screwing up (like Mustang T45s ) is good. A teacher who has spent some years as a professional tech can make the class great.

Quick Reply: any books on manual transmissions?