Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Clueless newb needs help on wrapping up fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clueless newb needs help on wrapping up fuel system

07 LY6 motor with a truck intake for now, just trying to get this thing buttoned up to start. The old fuel system is still in the car and consists of an A1000 pump in the rear with filters on either side, -10 up to the front and -10 back to the cell.

I want to use the truck intake for now since I have it and just wanted to run my plan past the experts before I order fittings. Below are the pictures of my intake and I do not see any fuel regulator on it. So the plan was to go with these quick connect fittings (and necessary fittings to go from -10 to -08) to connect to the rails:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AEI-15118/

I am not sure what the plastic piece is in pictures #3 and 4 below. Is that for the return, emissions, is that the regulator??? Sorry for being lost on this stuff, tried reading as much as I could to figure it out on my own.

Since there does not appear to be a regulator on the intake, I planned on going with something like an Aeromotive 13101 which would allow the return back to the cell.

If someone could help me on the plastic fitting up front I think the rest will fall into place.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

IRC, the elec device is smog control. [I plugged it on mine.]
The system has no intake mtd FPR.. Returnless system.
I ended up w/ aftermkt rails and home made mts, [Because my rails were plastic.]
Had they been stainless, I would have made an adapter to install an AN fitting for a return line.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's actually the EVAP system, and it's essential for proper tank venting. You can eliminate all that stuff (there's some fittings, and stuff on the tank, too), but you still need to vent the tank somehow.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys. Since I have a fuel cell which has its own vent, I will just cap it.

Regarding the FPR, do I need one? The A1000 has a max pressure of 90psi if I recall.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:33 AM
Launching!

that intake looks like it could be sanded down and made to look pretty nice if someone couldnt afford to go for a LS1/6 style
Old 05-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Staging Lane

That had entered my mind since the intake is in great shape. Thanks.

After doing more reading on this board it seems the A1000 without a return is a no-no. Therefore, can I just run my -10 up to an Aeromotive 13101 regulator, connect my existing return to the bottom of the regulator and have the out connect to the end of the rail? It seems it is better to have the regulator after the rails (unless I am getting it reversed) but my rails only have 1 connection point, so I do not think it would be possible.

Last edited by 87SS; 05-05-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:50 PM
FormerVendor

Give me a call I would be happy to help you get this straightened out. and get the proper system for your needs.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:37 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks Nasty. A friend of mine's brother is converting his LS to carb and has a similar setup to me, so I am going to purchase his regulator and fittings and should be good to go.