Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

anyone try fittings from AN fittings direct?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone try fittings from AN fittings direct?

getting ready to finish up my fuel and cooling systems. need a crap load of fittings, $$$$ is this an option or are they crap? im sure the construction is fine but im wondering if the color will chip off when i tighten them.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Qustion you should ask is made in usa or made in china... Actually i would ask if its a jic-2 or jic-3 spec. china usually does the -2 because its much quicker to machine. but is not considered AN
Old 05-04-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

the web site dosent say much, it says they are compatible with other an fittings, im almost sure they are made in china.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Launching!

i have them for my lines, they wont work on rubber lines, just the teflon stuff( due to the olive). They are jic2, normal an wrenches dont fit. Seem to seal up ok. I ruined one due to over tightneing. Have not tested yet though.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd stay clear from fittings made in China, your life or someone else's could depend on them. If you're not sure where they are made, chances are they're made offshore. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 05-05-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the input, do any of our vendors have good deals on fittings. if not looks like summit, or Jegs.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Yes, don't use their hose ends or their lines. They appear to be very well made and maybe I just was retarded but I couldn't get a single one of their fittings to seal well enough not to leak. I re-did the hose ends several times taking care to follow the directions to the "t" and still they would leak. After looking at the directions of other brands of Teflon line assembly, AN Directs ARE a little different with the way they position the ferule on the hose.

Just my experience though, maybe you'll have better luck.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your doing a all new fuel line setup? ((STAY AWAY)) from the rubber inner steel braided fuel injection fuel lines PERIOD!!!!I just replaced ALLLL of mine this week that i bought from Nasty performance about 4 years ago and even tryed the Earls stuff from Summit as to get rid of the ******* fuel smell every time i drove and parked my ride.I would smell fuel all of the time. You can do a search and see i wasnt alone in this LOL Just trying to save you some money my man if your not going to use the teflon braided stuff Its pricy ,,,but i no longer am inhaling gas ******* fumes LOL My wife wouldn't let me park my car in our garage no longer when ide came back from a ride as it would permeate threw the house LOL You could put your nose right up to the braided line and smell the fuel LOL It wasnt wet or anything ,,,it would just smell of gas and 20 some or more ft of braided fuel lines under your car addes up to one stinking ******* car! LOL Do a search before you go throwing away money on fuel line and AN fittings
I use nothing but the teflon braided stuff if i were you

Last edited by barnat; 05-06-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by barnat
If your doing a all new fuel line setup? ((STAY AWAY)) from the rubber inner steel braided fuel injection fuel lines PERIOD!!!!I just replaced ALLLL of mine this week that i bought from Nasty performance about 4 years ago and even tryed the Earls stuff from Summit as to get rid of the ******* fuel smell every time i drove and parked my ride.I would smell fuel all of the time. You can do a search and see i wasnt alone in this LOL Just trying to save you some money my man if your not going to use the teflon braided stuff Its pricy ,,,but i no longer am inhaling gas ******* fumes LOL My wife wouldn't let me park my car in our garage no longer when ide came back from a ride as it would permeate threw the house LOL You could put your nose right up to the braided line and smell the fuel LOL It wasnt wet or anything ,,,it would just smell of gas and 20 some or more ft of braided fuel lines under your car addes up to one stinking ******* car! LOL Do a search before you go throwing away money on fuel line and AN fittings
I use nothing but the teflon braided stuff if i were you
You're not alone in having this problem, with what they put in fuel today it is common to have the fuel smell leech through the rubber fuel line. The problem with teflon has been in finding it in the larger fuel line sizes. What size did you go with and what brand is it? Thanks. Bob

Old 05-07-2011, 08:46 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure what happened with the rubber lines & fuel formulations in recent years. Never used to be a problem, but it now is.

I now stock a lot of teflon/PTFE line for this reason.

A -8 is typically all you need unless you are making well over 1200rwhp. Anything larger generally requires crimped on ends instead of the reuasble types, making assembly much more complicted.

Also the generic Teflon/PTFE hoses are not typically rated for fuel. If you have white teflon, it is not the correct line for fuel. All fuel rated hose should be black teflon. This has conductive anti-static properties specifically for explosive fluids. Don't buy garbage unless you like fuel leaks & fire.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh yes this has been a problem for many years, on my last build i would pump all the fuel out of my car before closing the garage door. It is hard to find and expensive. My -8 feed is in place from my last build so i just cant bring my self to replace it. the garage where i park it is detached. I think if i had to do it all over i would just run hard line to the front then the PTFE to the rails.

Note, I am not going to use the AN fittings direct parts.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you needed any fittings, you should have let me know when you bought the pumps, regulator etc. I probably had all of those pieces in stock.

Give me a call if you need anything.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:02 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
Not sure what happened with the rubber lines & fuel formulations in recent years. Never used to be a problem, but it now is.

I now stock a lot of teflon/PTFE line for this reason.

A -8 is typically all you need unless you are making well over 1200rwhp. Anything larger generally requires crimped on ends instead of the reuasble types, making assembly much more complicted.

Also the generic Teflon/PTFE hoses are not typically rated for fuel. If you have white teflon, it is not the correct line for fuel. All fuel rated hose should be black teflon. This has conductive anti-static properties specifically for explosive fluids. Don't buy garbage unless you like fuel leaks & fire.
Good info! Bob

Old 03-15-2013, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Of course i ended up ordering almost 400 bucks worth of fittings and other misc. stuff from them. I have yet to get it installed but im hoping that everything works out okay. Im using it for my turbo oil lines and also for my fuel feed and return line and also from the regulator to the rails. My question is how in the world do i get this -8 line to attach to the hard line because id like to use the -8 almost all of the way for feed and return
Old 03-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Launching!

i have stuff from an fittings.havent had any problems with it at all.putting the ends on can be a little pain in the butt, but i had no problem with them sealing so far.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by madmax4499
getting ready to finish up my fuel and cooling systems. need a crap load of fittings, $$$$ is this an option or are they crap? im sure the construction is fine but im wondering if the color will chip off when i tighten them.
You get what you pay for. They scratch, they strip, they are hard to assemble. Using them for trans cooler line, I would not use them for high pressure situations. If you need 2 then buy 4 and get some extra brass ferrules because you will strip at least one and damage a ferrule or 2. Make sure your cut is super clean and don't nick or damage the brass ferrule in any way. I won't be buying them again tho.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used them on my fuel lines. I messed the first one up not following the directions, but after that i never had a problem. I pressure test all my lines after setting them up and ensure they hold that for atleast 8 hours before butting them into use. No problems after 3 years

Oh, i use their black PTFE braided with the rubber coating
Old 02-26-2015, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Hmmmm...... Had been planning to order from them for my fuel system...
Old 03-31-2015, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

I am pulling my hair out over here. For those who have "successfully" assembled these from ANfittingsdirect.com, are you really trimming the braid off with pliers?! I'm about ready to just return these. The effin' how-to is video is 30 minutes.. he does ONE fitting. The olive design I think is the real culprit here...

Ryan
Old 03-31-2015, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I trimmed mine with wire cutters after taking the braid apart. Hope this makes sense

Quick Reply: anyone try fittings from AN fittings direct?