Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Needed: Stock resonator or Magnaflow Tru-X

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needed: Stock resonator or Magnaflow Tru-X

I'm looking for a stock resonator or Magnaflow Tru-X (part #'s 11386 or 14386) to reduce the drone I currently have with pacesetters, no cats, xpipe, and flowmasters. I recently rode in a v with Lt's, no cats, stock resonator and no mufflers which sounded almost as deep as mine but had no drone. I'm hoping to duplicate the sound.

Has anyone inspected the difference between the two? I believe the magnaflow is a contained xpipe with perforations and some baffling, but I'm not sure about the design on the stock resonator. I really wish I would have inspected in a bit better before throwing it out.

Any help with either getting the parts or part descriptions would be great. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wish i was back up north.. i have the Magnaflow Tue-x w/ the extension 2.5 pipes in the garage attic in jersey.. i will be up there at the end of the month if you still looking..
Old 05-09-2011, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a stock resonator from my old 2005 CTS-V if you are interested. The internals look like a regular x-pipe with a stretched mid cavity.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
wish i was back up north.. i have the Magnaflow Tue-x w/ the extension 2.5 pipes in the garage attic in jersey.. i will be up there at the end of the month if you still looking..

Good to know. I'm in no hurry and the car doesn't get driven much. Did you notice any sound/performance difference between the stock resonator and the True-x?

Why did you remove it?
Old 05-16-2011, 03:21 PM

I bought my car 3 weeks ago and it had high flow cats factory resonator and a flowmaster 40's from the res back. The car still had some drone with the factory resonator. I then pulled it off and put a magnaflow X-pipe on there and it made a huge difference in performance and sound. Flowmasters just drone man that's part of it and why I dislike them so much. I can't wait to get rid of these mufflers and move on hopefully it'll be in the next week or so. The drone will be a little bit worse once you eliminate if you do the factory resonator but performance wise it's worth it. I would honestly just get some new mufflers and no more issues.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jwool15
The drone will be a little bit worse once you eliminate if you do the factory resonator but performance wise it's worth it. I would honestly just get some new mufflers and no more issues.
I'm not really understanding your post. It will be worse if what??? So your drone was improved by switching from the stock resonator to the magnaflow...I wouldn't have expected that.

I think the first thing I'm going to try is just cutting off the flowmasters. If that doesn't fix the drone I'll replace the xpipe with either the stock resonator or a magnaflow tru-x. It that doesn't do it I'll then replace the flowmasters with magnaflows as well.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 AM

sorry I wasn't very clear. THe drone got worse but the power got worse with the maggie x. I honestly think the drone is related to the flowmaters. I've had them on other vehicles and it was the same thing. So I'm going to get rid of them and put on some spintech's. Cant wait should sound boss
Old 05-18-2011, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Sorry to highjack, but I am considering adding PaceSetters to my car. I currently have high flow cats, stock resonator, and muffler delete. If I add the Long Tubes will I have that raspy sound? This is what I want to avoid...I prefer a lower tone.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SoCA04V
Sorry to highjack, but I am considering adding PaceSetters to my car. I currently have high flow cats, stock resonator, and muffler delete. If I add the Long Tubes will I have that raspy sound? This is what I want to avoid...I prefer a lower tone.

I recently rode in a car with that setup minus the cats. It wasn't quite as low and mean sounding, but was very close and had no drone. That ride is the reason I'm looking to make changes to my setup.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

I have a billy boat resonator, and two high flow billy boat cats.. stainless 3" and some other head pipes. that i could be willing to part with..
Old 05-20-2011, 06:02 AM
TECH Resident

How much are you looking to get for the B&B resonator?
Old 05-20-2011, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by big reg
How much are you looking to get for the B&B resonator?
Pm sent
Old 05-31-2011, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Still looking for a stock resonator.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

I have a corsa resonator sitting somewhere.

Quick Reply: Needed: Stock resonator or Magnaflow Tru-X