Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutting open bottom of composite intake?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutting open bottom of composite intake?

I'm wanting to run a hidden direct port nitrous system and run the lines on the inside of the intake to be totally sneaky . Any ways, I see no way to run a direct port system short of the NXS (I think thats it) or running those god awful metal lines all over the top of the intake, which I think looks hideous. I looked my stock ls6 intake up and down lookig for a way to hide the lines and nozzles, but, I just don't think it's possible without cracking it open, or buying a metal intake that can be broken down. The only solution I saw was cutting a portion of the material off the bottom of the intake, running all nozzles and lines on the inside, and running the lines out the back of the intake. My next step would have been to silicone the peice back in, with some supports or brackets maybe. Do you guys think this would work? or would all those lines on the inside interfere with the air flow too much? Anybody else done this before? TIA. sneakiness.....
Old 02-23-2004, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was thinking about doing the same thing but cutting the vallypan so i could run all the equipment in the valley of the block just like the old nos kits.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

hhmmm...any others done this?